trg muzzle brake

swarovski

Hi all, I am looking to try out a sako trg brake if someone could borrow me one, my rifle is 18 /1 thread, I do have my own but I am looking to see if I can find one that works better than the one I currently use.atb swaro

You can try mine next time at the range if you like.
Remind me before hand and ill make sure I take the TRG42.

Wow that was a quick response, yes rob I would like to try it,I will pm you my details, hi mike, if I already haven't tried one by the end of january when the sennybridge day is that will be great, heard you have stepped into do the organising, good luck with that, happy xmas and new year mate.

Hi rob, what calibre do you use your brake on and how do you think it performs, have you tried any other type, I am not sure if I am looking for something that doesn't exist if you know what I mean.

Wow that was a quick response, yes rob I would like to try it,I will pm you my details, hi mike, if I already haven't tried one by the end of january when the sennybridge day is that will be great, heard you have stepped into do the organising, good luck with that, happy xmas and new year mate.
Hi.
Yes, for my sins I am now the secretary of the FCSA.

Mike

Hi swaro. It's been used on a TRG22 in .308 but I have a 6PPC with a 18x1 thread and may put it on for a laugh one day.

The performance is good but no better than a moderator, that said you don't get a heat haze from a muzzle brake during extended shot strings. The only problem is that Bisley hate them due to the lateral dispersion of muzzle blast upsetting the "gravel huggers" on adjacent lanes.

Ive 2 identical brakes, both calibre specific, the one on my 308 work like a dream, I dont loose site of whatever I shoot at, its not like that on my 6.5 06, its bound to be working to a certain extent

99 percent of shooters in our club use muzzle brakes, I cant see the problem, rather than spend too much time standing around I like to watch how others in our club shoot, I lay beside and watch through my scope, I can have one either side of me shooting, I take the blasts,whats all the fuss about :doh:

Last edited:
If everyone who's kindly offered falls short, I have a Blaser 338 Tactical Brake, that works very well - same design as the Sako by the way

Hi andy, I think I have seen them on the net, do they make them calibre specific, I think it has 4 ports, sako has 3 I think, I would gladly try yours if you want to post it to me, I will look into the blaser brake, merry xmas and new year,

Dont mind a brake when im behind it..... bloody awful when you have to stand next to one! I'll be a Sennybridge next month as well im the ugly one from Pembrokeshire

Well that doesn't help me out to who you are because they are an ugly bunch,as long as you have nice looking guns thats all that matters:tiphat:.you will definately recognise me then, I will be the most handsome one there ;):D, if you stand beside a the 50 cal barret 99 with the 45 degree ported muzz brake that is what you call a blast,

Last edited:
I tend to shoot on the other end of the line out of the way of the impressive 50 cal blast! I will find you easy if you are handsome as you will stand out like a sore thumb!
Im also kown as Al btw

Back