Thread: Roe Doe stalking

Roe Doe stalking

I am sure others have noticed that the main names advertising Roe Buck stalking are not so enthusiastic in advertising Roe doe stalking. Obviously not into managing deer , but managing their pockets ??

If you want to keep plenty of deer on your ground then it is beneficial to shoot just a few females and remove all but the very best males. This is Deer Management at its very best. I think Grant you need to look at what you want from deer stalking.

Seems like a decent mix to me in advertising, but only my opinion, and as said you control numbers by culling females or not, depending on what you are looking to do on the ground. Dont think that lining pockets is top of the list.

M

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    If you want to keep plenty of deer on your ground then it is beneficial to shoot just a few females and remove all but the very best males. This is Deer Management at its very best. I think Grant you need to look at what you want from deer stalking.
    This is very true if deer numbers are not too much of an issue.
    many have been brainwashed into thinking numbers must be reduced regardless.

I sell Bucks to clients but keep the Doe stalking especially Roe for myself and friends as I only shoot young animals before Christmas and like to pick out the strong animals for stock only taking poor animals later in the year. This you can't do if you have a client with you who just wants to shoot a deer, I'm sure that they would take a dim view of not being allowed to shoot if it is the only animal they see on a stalk so therefore I only take clients on the Fallow Does where you have to take any safe shot to obtain the cull numbers.
    Merry Xmas Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    I am sure others have noticed that the main names advertising Roe Buck stalking are not so enthusiastic in advertising Roe doe stalking. Obviously not into managing deer , but managing their pockets ??
    A sell buck stalking and will also sell you as much doe stalking as you want

I a interested in a couple of does for the freezer can you help?ken

Quote Originally Posted by amanda16 View Post
    A sell buck stalking and will also sell you as much doe stalking as you want
    Me too,