What are my options

Bigstep

I purchased a used ducati last week from my local ducati store it was advertised as a hypermotard 1100s but I have since found it to be a standard 1100 model, this being my first ducati I wasn't well up on the model difference and this being a ducati shop I took their advert description.
They are shut over christmas but was wondering what can be done about this as I think I have been sold. I have a copy of their advert and it clearly states 1100s

Last edited:
I purchased a used ducati last week from my local ducati store it was advertised as a hypermotard 1100s but I have since found it to be a standard 1100 model, this being my first ducati I wasn't well up on the model difference and this being a ducati shop I took their advert description.
They are shut over christmas but was wondering what can be done about this as I think I have been sold. I have a copy of their advert and it clearly states 1100s

Get stuck in with trading standards behind you, either get em to put any upgrade stuff on or get your dosh back.

Have you asked them for a refund as it was advertised inncorrectly, what did they say?
i don't see how they could refuse you refund.

Have you asked them for a refund as it was advertised inncorrectly, what did they say?
i don't see how they could refuse you refund.
I only had it delivered this week so not had chance to look at the bike until I finished work for christmas and it was only after cleaning it I noticed there was no ohlins sign on the rear shock so started looking further into it. The dealership has closed for christmas until 5th jan so can't do anything until then

Was the price you paid commensurate with the 'S' model? I haven't a clue about the differences, but surely a dealer would know what they had? If there's a significant price difference, & you've paid a lot extra compared to what the basic model would cost I would say the dealer would be required to repay that difference. Unless it's gone the other way & you thought you were getting an 'S' model for a bargain price, in which case they'd probably argue it was a misprint in the original advert? :-|

Being as I'm x-bike trade I would recommend that you talk to the shop explain to them your concerns and the fact that they have miss sold the bike to you and ask for a full refund as the bike is in the same condition as delivered to you. Well it should be?? If they refuse don't argue with them as you have a right to return period of 14 day but this is subject to conditions . If they refuse go and get legal advise and lodge a full complaint with trading standards. With all evidence including copy of the full advert and bill of sale. Out of intrest what does it state on the invoice? Is it listed as the 1100s or the 1100??

Last edited:
Did you,pay with credit card. Either way, it's a Ducati. There fore a piece of pooh. Give it back.lol.

seriously, if you paid with a credit card you can complain about it being missold.

Checked on the invoice it only states hypermotard 1100, they sent the logbook off so didn't see what model was stated on it

The advert clearly states 1100 'S' though..........so if it's the base 1100 model you have a case. Might be you're worrying over noting though, & they'll immediately take measures to make sure you're happy with the purchase. Again though, was the price you paid commensurate with current market values for the 1100S, or the base model? This, I think, is going to be the crucial point

The advert clearly states 1100 'S' though..........so if it's the base 1100 model you have a case. Might be you're worrying over noting though, & they'll immediately take measures to make sure you're happy with the purchase. Again though, was the price you paid commensurate with current market values for the 1100S, or the base model? This, I think, is going to be the crucial point

Yeah the price was correct for a 2008 1100s to be honest I probably wouldn't have looked at if it didn't state 1100s as this is what I searched for as the a model is supposed to be better I just didn't know the little details.

Back