Fox Hunting, Tories to reopen debate?

I guess it could be a great vote winning thing - If they were sure that they could push it through successfully if they did get in!
I personally would welcome the return to legal fox hunting with hounds even though I fear that there are many who would strongly disagree with me!

I look at it as a start which could lead to other things being returned like handguns.

Cameron is pro hunting and is an occasional hunter himself and voted against the ban in 2002

Would be great, but I expect they will just talk and never do.

What ya mean that politicians will just say something in order to win votes then make excuses not to bring these issues to law ?? Never sir wash your mouth out !!!!
Hahaha
Regards
Jimmy

I walked from scotland to london as part of the Listen to Us march down to Hyde Park
I still remember the high when we entered the stage
All the way down we were fed and watered by very very nice people, we were even given fish and chip by a hunting fish and chip shop owner in the shires (a new one on me)
I did a couple of days fillming with the BBC before the march and during it, because my profile did not match the publics perception of a hunting person, Hour after hour i was asked the same questions, in an attempt to obtain an answer that suited the BBC.
The publics perception has greatly changed since then
Although i dont hunt much now, but i have done my share, i support the Tories in overturning this crazy legislation
My local MP is leaving politics and is being replaced by a guy from hampshire, from an ethnic back ground, I have no idea what he has in common with me or rural north yorkshire !!!!!, it was crazy in my view
He is replacing william hague, a guy from a yorkshire minning commuity and knows to call a spade a spade
If however there is a viable local independant tory i will vote them
Thats how i feel today but i could have my mind changed if Mr Ethnic Background, from Hampshire is a viable
Thanks for listening to my rant :)

I walked from scotland to london as part of the Listen to Us march down to Hyde Park
All the way down we were fed and watered by very very nice people, we were even given fish and chip by a hunting fish and chip shop owner in the shires (a new one on me)
I did a couple of days fillming with the BBC before the march and during it, because my profile did not match the publics perception of a hunting person, Hour after hour i was asked the same questions, in an attempt to obtain an answer that suited the BBC.
Although i dont hunt much now, but i have done my share, i support the Tories in overturning this crazy legislation
My local MP is leaving politics and is being replaced by a guy from hampshire, from an ethnic back ground, I have no idea what he has in common with me or rural north yorkshire !!!!!, it was crazy in my view
He is replacing william hague, a guy from a yorkshire minning commuity and knows to call a spade a spade
Thats how i feel today but i could have my mind changed if Mr Ethnic Background, from Hampshire is a viable
I feel your pain TH I live in a very staunch pit area and have 99% of my life, our labour MP used to be a guy called Lofthouse and he had also lived in the area his life working down the pits before being voted in, and was a good bloke who new the people. As much as it pains me to say the area I live is so labour that you could put a red badge on a shire horse and people would vote it in !!! Hence ending up with Ms Cooper 'Mrs edd balls' never know the area prior to getting the post send kids away to school posh house miles away blah blah blah you know the score! !
My rant over !!!
Regards
Jimmy

Shower of lying b astards................you can always tell when they're lying; their lips start moving :evil:

It has a chance of getting through next year if Scotland's MPs aren't allowed to vote on it. One of the reasons it hasn't been put forward yet is that they're aren't enough pro MPs and with so many traditional Labour (and some Conservative) against it so no point to push for it without any realistic chance of winning. If however Scotland has more powers devolved to it one of the consequences is likely that Scottish MPs will then be excluded from voting on English and Welsh only matters. As Scotland has its own ban on hunting with dogs its unlikely anything will change there but they would not get a vote on a possible repeal on the English ban. Seeing as Scotland feild over 40 Labour MPs who are generally anti fox hunting the likelyhood of a repeal is quite high without them being allowed to vote.

I still think MPs are a bunch of lying ass hats but lets see what happens.

aint nowt wrong with most of us from Hampshire but we also unfortunately we also have lots of MPs . but to think any political party will bring back fox hunting or handguns is just a dream im sad to say but. all the political parties will say anything to get votes and then back track on what they said .

If the Tories really wanted to repeal the hunting ban they would have pushed it through during the early days of the coalition. Instead they have kept it as a hook to keep rural people supporting them. Fortunately UKIP who are also pro-shooting represent a viable alternative, especially if they end up holding the balance of power after the next election.

atb Tim

If the Tories really wanted to repeal the hunting ban they would have pushed it through during the early days of the coalition. Instead they have kept it as a hook to keep rural people supporting them. Fortunately UKIP who are also pro-shooting represent a viable alternative, especially if they end up holding the balance of power after the next election.

atb Tim

Just like the Tories they said they were pro handguns for sporting and competition use and since getting a couple of MPs they've backtracked already. Sadly fieldsports will never be supported enough by the general public to make the changes we want.

Just like the Tories they said they were pro handguns for sporting and competition use and since getting a couple of MPs they've backtracked already. Sadly fieldsports will never be supported enough by the general public to make the changes we want.
Probably more chance of influencing a smaller up and coming party like UKIP, particularly at local level. Those of us old enough might remember Tory Home Secretary Robert Carr's Green Paper from the 1970's advocating swingeing restrictions on firearms, including a ban on c/f semi-autos, and of course it was Tory PM John Major that initially brought in the pistol ban. Labour has seldom missed an opportunity to add to and embellish these restrictions, e.g. adding those pistols that had escaped the Tory ban to S5. As shooters we are between the proverbial rock and hard place and I believe that voting for either Conservatives or Labour merely encourages them to carry on as before.

atb Tim

Even if UKIP develop and become a major party, I really can't see them sticking to a pro-hunting stance. They'll look at the voters' opinions and back the majority in the long run and as has been said, the majority of the public would not go for it.

Unless there's some major shift in thinking in the future on the part of the public, which I very much doubt, fox hunting as we used to know it is dead and buried. There will be those who will always campaign for it and good luck to them, but my opinion is that we'll be better off concentrating on the sports we already have.

My local MP is leaving politics and is being replaced by a guy from hampshire, from an ethnic back ground, I have no idea what he has in common with me or rural north yorkshire !!!!!, it was crazy in my view. He is replacing william hague, a guy from a yorkshire minning commuity and knows to call a spade a spade

William Hague? Mining community? The guy went to Oxford University, his parents owned a soft drinks company and his first full time job was as a management consultant. A horny handed son of toil? You're having a laugh? The same William Hague, is this, that voted for the handgun ban? The same William Hague that even went through the lobbies alongside Tory Home Secretary Michael Howard and voted AGAINST excluding even simple single shot pistols from the handgun ban? And went through the lobbies of Parliament every time, again alongside Michael Howard, backing fully the handgun ban in ALL aspects as proposed?

Or is that another William Hague? Is there something we don't know about? This other non handgun ban supporting William Hague? We must be told!

As for "ethnic back ground" you'd be surprised at how many people of Caribbean or African "back ground" are but one generation removed from the land with fathers or grandfathers as farmers. And enjoy field sports. This woman, born in Jamaica, pictured below, photographed in 2014, had gone following hounds about twenty plus years ago BEFORE Blair's hunting ban.

In fact more likely so than many "white British" parachuted in by Conservative Central Office after a career in the city or PR....or like Hague...management consultants.

View attachment 50740View attachment 50741

Last edited:
lots of new blood coming to the hunt now 100 riders at the flint and Denbigh yesterday politicians lie more than they breathe

It`ll never happen. Even if it did it wouldn`t be as we knew it.
It`s a carrot being dangled by the Tories just like the in, out referendum.
MP`s can`t even lie straight in bed.

Back