Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Throw away phrases that bug you?

Throw away phrases that bug you?

Just woken to my 14th morning of man flu, most of these mornings have been started off listening to the news on the telly, been hearing what seems to be the pole position phrase again," So that it won't/can't happen again", closely followed by "So that lessons can be learned" What's your non favourite?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Just woken to my 14th morning of man flu, most of these mornings have been started off listening to the news on the telly, been hearing what seems to be the pole position phrase again," So that it won't/can't happen again", closely followed by "So that lessons can be learned" What's your non favourite?
    Step change, blue sky thinking, f*cktard - the list goes on but these 2 cover a lot of it...

http://www.********bingo.net/cards/********/

http://www.businessbuzzwordbingo.com/

PS Hope you feel better soon. I'm only on day 4 (or 5?), so I feel your pain - there, that's probably another one!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

"We are doing everything we can" - Thats one that normally gets used at various times of the year and really gets my goat.

"Crack on" and "lessons learned" and "like"

Throw away phrase

'Going forward' -meaningless phrase that adds nothing to a sentence.

F

'stuff' instead of belongings and 'images' instead of pictures. 'Flavour' instead of calibre/gauge.
    The list goes on - but then - I am a grumpy old git!.

"we will find those responsible" Usually used when the guilty party has been caught already but blame needs to be laid on someone else or a whole organisation.

"Much less" !!!!! Aaarrrggghhhhh. How can you have more of less ????

"If we win the election....." is most definitely a throw away phrase
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Southern rugby players and coaches, who have taken to starting the answer to any question "Now look...". The English ones are doing it now!