Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squashed case

Squashed case

happy hols everyone,
    I was out this morning trying to get a munty for New Years, I thought I'd give my new 22.250 barrel an outing on my M03. Using Partisan ammo, I loaded the mag and found the bolt a little stiff!
    After few hours no munty so decided to call it quits.
    Unloaded and saw this!
    Afterwards I loaded a round into the barrel directly and she closed fine and I also loaded and ejected 4 rounds fine!
    So any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long

A lump of stuff in the chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    A lump of stuff in the chamber?
    Makes me want to weep.

My bet is that the cartridge was like that before it was chambered. Anything in the chamber that could crush a shoulder like that would not allow full chambering, and probably prohibit extraction without the help of a hammer. No galling around the indentation, either.~Muir

with Muir on this one , just cant see any witness marks to show chamber was at fault , but could have been damaged in mag to fail to feed then forcing a twin load ,meaning the next round was pushed under /into this round . was't there so could give a defo on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Makes me want to weep.

My bet is that the cartridge was like that before it was chambered. Anything in the chamber that could crush a shoulder like that would not allow full chambering, and probably prohibit extraction without the help of a hammer. No galling around the indentation, either.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    with Muir on this one
    We'll run out of tissues shortly at this rate: for Heaven's sake pull yourselves together - there's really no need for all these tears!

Yep, I'd agree. The lack of witness marks is a pretty clear indication that the chamber's not at fault. My bet is the case was already damaged, too. Did you experience any feed issues prior to this?

Makes me want to weep.

Correct.

There is no way you caused this damage chambering the round. If you had fired it, it would likely have fired formed the case and you wouldn't have noticed.

Someone will no doubt suggest this would have cause the famous Blaser explosion.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

permission to pull my self together

as the picture say's a thousand words as for myself i would have just shot it

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    We'll run out of tissues shortly at this rate: for Heaven's sake pull yourselves together - there's really no need for all these tears!

Yep. Just fireform it back to how it should be.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Makes me want to weep.

Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!