Zeiss Victory parallax adjustment marks?

qwerty2008

Guys
My Zeiss Victory scope has only 50, 100 and infinity marked on the turret. 4 equal marks between 50 and 100. 7 equal marks between 100 and infinity.
Can anyone tell me where I should set it for each of 200, 300 & 400m?
Thanks
GP

Guys
My Zeiss Victory scope has only 50, 100 and infinity marked on the turret. 4 equal marks between 50 and 100. 7 equal marks between 100 and infinity.
Can anyone tell me where I should set it for each of 200, 300 & 400m?
Thanks
GP

It's purely down to you, set it at perfect focus at any given range.

The distance markers have never matched actual distances(to my eyes)on any of my side parallax scopes.
They can't be used as a rangefinder.

Does the parallax turret alter focus at distance?

NO. Parallax has no effect on focus.

What Parallax turrets do is compensate for the apparent shift of the target when you "do not maintain" perfect cheek weld at distance shooting. (your eyeball moves in a v/h plane)

You tweek the parallax to compensate this.

No place in hunting.

Stan

That's a rather abrupt half-story you have there. As you don't know what kind of hunting the OP is doing, you can't say whether parallax adjustment has a place. For myself, when I am taking extended, precision shots using my varminting rifle, I make use of parallax adjustment. I'd agree that it is unlikely to be useful in a stalking scenario.

I googled a useful article here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/what-is-parallax-1.php

regards

Ian

That's a rather abrupt half-story you have there. As you don't know what kind of hunting the OP is doing, you can't say whether parallax adjustment has a place. For myself, when I am taking extended, precision shots using my varminting rifle, I make use of parallax adjustment. I'd agree that it is unlikely to be useful in a stalking scenario.

I googled a useful article here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/what-is-parallax-1.php

regards

Ian

Ian,

Abrupt it may be, but Parallax does not affect focus, after all.

It is a compensator for the angle of one of the lenses (because the eye location isn't exact).

Stan

Guys
thank for the comments
i just bought the new scope and it has a parallax knob on it, but no instructions?
i only use it for stalking Reds on the hill
i guess I can just leave it set at 100? since my old scope had no such adjustment and still managed to kill at >100m

Guys
thank for the comments
i just bought the new scope and it has a parallax knob on it, but no instructions?
i only use it for stalking Reds on the hill
i guess I can just leave it set at 100? since my old scope had no such adjustment and still managed to kill at >100m

You are correct. Scopes without a Parallax adjustment are usually 100 metre.

Satn

Back