Ward-D-Vision 700 Digital Night Vision anyone got one

iain b

Ward-D-Vision 700 Digital Night Vision
hi all. Any one got one of these? I fancy one as I want to use it on 3 different rifles. 2 rimfires and a.223.

I have been quite impressed with it. Shot foxes at 100 ish yds WITH .243 (IOR scope) and countless rabbits with .22LR (MTC scope) up to 50 ish yds. Good thing with NV is that if you still use good field craft you can get close.

i have the original WDV and waiting to see some feedback on the 700 version.

Get it upgraded fella. upgrading WDV with E700 camera makes it into the unit it should have been in first place and the best digi addon on the market atm

.....adam

I put mine in before cllive was offering them. but iirc he only charges about 20 quid over the retail cost of an E700 for fitting
So its pretty reasonable, well worth doing too

Just seen your post about D-Ward700
how you been getting on,
looking for something like that for rabbits.17hmr & 22-250 for foxes
any advice well come
thanks

Had one a while ago and they are ok, for under a grand probably as good as it gets and Clive is great to deal with.

Had one a while ago and they are ok, for under a grand probably as good as it gets and Clive is great to deal with.

+1.
Also new/better IR LEDs available now which should improve longer range visibility if you need/want it, provided you marry it with the correct scope.

Can anyone give advice on the award D700 versus the Ward mini? Ive read the info on the website, battery life only 2.5 hours and not fully waterproof but what I'm interested to know is how the unit compares operationally.

the mini is half the price at £350.00

Can anyone give advice on the award D700 versus the Ward mini? Ive read the info on the website, battery life only 2.5 hours and not fully waterproof but what I'm interested to know is how the unit compares operationally.

the mini is half the price at £350.00

The big differences are the Ward D Vision 700 has better range than the mini, it also is much shorter so it doesn't affect your shooting position at all.

The Ward D Vision 700 is also far more robust than the mini.

One other consideration is that the Ward D Vision is designed to be 'upgradeable' as and when new improvements are available such as the better sensor in the 700 over the original version.

I would say the Mini is great for air rifle, rimfire use if you don't mind a slightly compromised shooting position. The Ward D Vision 700 does all that even better and also is capable at long range for fox shooting too.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Clive

Thanks Clive

Can you let me know if the 700 is scope "fussy"?

On my 3 rifles I have A Nikon Monarch, A Nikon Prostaff, and a Schmidt & Bender 8 x50.

Would the unit work on these scopes as I heard they need to have parallax adjustment?

Cheers

Hi there,

To use the full magnification range of your day scope you ideally need side focus or adjustable objective that goes down to 35 yards.

If it only goes down to 50 yards, then the maximum magnification useable would be around 8x.

The 8x56 fixed can be used but you need to stop it down to get the focus nearer by putting a flip up cover on the front of it with a 10-15mm hole, this does bring the useable range down to 150 yards or so though.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Clive

Hi can a fox be made out clearly past 100yards what distance with ir tourch is the units capable of clearly seeing the target?
What distances have they been used at? Is 200yards possible? I am looking for something for fox control.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back