Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scope choice and Ballistic Turret?

Scope choice and Ballistic Turret?

OK, Ive narrowed my new scope choice down to Swarovski. (I'll buy one when the cheque clears from selling a kidney) Either, 3-18 x 50 or 2.5-15 x 56. Prob the later but, there is a nice second hand 3-18 on the site. Any advice on choice, also is it worth having the Ballistic Turret? Please note this is for a stalking rifle and not for target shooting. I am mainly woodland but, I do get the odd hill and park invite, hence the preference for a variable scope. It's to go on Blaser R8, 308 and maybe cross over onto the 22-250 barrel. Is there a noticeable difference in light gathering in the two scopes? So if anyone has experience of both, please keep me right. Cheers fellas.
    cjs

I've got a z6i 2.5x15x56 and I've had the 3x18x50

i i would go with the 56mm obj as it's 1 1/2 inch shorter length than the 50mm obj so doesn't look Overly long

ballistic turret is very usefull to have as it takes the guess work out of longer ranges

have you considered the Swarovski SR rail mount for your blaser its a more Solid mounting system zero movement with recoil and mounts a bit lower and no scope rings to worry about

ive gone rail mount on my mauser and havnt looked back

Cheers Mark, I'd not even given the rail mount a thought really. Something else to keep in mind. Also thanks for the tip about scope length. Not having had both in my hands at the same time I'd not of known that...

Swllington did have some ex demo sr rail swarovski's at good prices, have a look!

Woodlander did you get my PM? Regards, cjs

I have the Swarovski 2.5x15x56 on an r8 . Best scope/rifle combo for hunting in my opinion. I would go for the rail mount as well. I didn't!!!
    atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    I've got a z6i 2.5x15x56 and I've had the 3x18x50

i i would go with the 56mm obj as it's 1 1/2 inch shorter length than the 50mm obj so doesn't look Overly long

ballistic turret is very usefull to have as it takes the guess work out of longer ranges

have you considered the Swarovski SR rail mount for your blaser its a more Solid mounting system zero movement with recoil and mounts a bit lower and no scope rings to worry about
    +1

No connection, but i think bushwear in perth had an ex-demo z6i with a blaser rail at a good price .

I hear the one for sale on here is a cracking scope.