Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spy cameras

Spy cameras

Anybody using spy cameras? If so what make are you using?Seems to be a hell of a lot adevrtised.Any info would be great.
    CHEERS SEAN

Hi Sean,

We use one at one of the farms - mainly to catch sheep rustlers tbh. Its from bushwear called a Stealth Cam it cost about 300. Its really good Imo, I use it more for still images than film - though the films not too bad. I dont mind it being in black and white either, you still get really good qualtiy pictures.

I think they are wort the money if it going to get used alot

Sam

Sean

They are cracking things but I hear you need a camera to watch your camera

Re Spy cameras

They are dropping like a stone in price now.
    I was at IWA Nurnberg last Friday and there were dealer prices from 80 euros and up on offer for end of line units.
    300 quid who is making the markup eh.

The Prostalk from Deben is very good, produces excellent still pics and video by day or night. Very useful for sussing out what's about and also very revealing as to when foxes visit certain areas. I wouldn't be without mine now.

I've always been under the impression they can be seen by people at night even with IR, is this the case or have I got it wrong?

I was thinking of using one but at 300 didn't want it getting nicked

Bought one of these last week, been pretty impressed with it, especially for the price!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESOX:IT

The video clip on the link is interesting, it states [bottom RH corner] 1/17/2008 17:55 Now the last time I looked 17:55 on a January evening it was dark and yet the clip shows Bright blue sky

I use the Scoutguard 550.Very impressed ,good clear pictures and videos and is about the size of your hand .With the remote viewer you can view pictures in situ. They are about 219.
    Yes the IR can be seen at night by humans which is adisadvantage if you aim to catch poachers, however they are bringing out a 'black' IR which also has sound which is invisible

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    The video clip on the link is interesting, it states [bottom RH corner] 1/17/2008 17:55 Now the last time I looked 17:55 on a January evening it was dark and yet the clip shows Bright blue sky

didn't even notice that, well spotted Rangefinder... i'm happy with what i got anyway, at that price it's not going to hurt too much when it gets nicked or broke. i know its not one of them, proper stealth cam jobbies... just abit of fun cam.
    Seen the thread and thought some might be interested that's all...