Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting tripod

Shooting tripod

Hi all. I'm thinking about getting a decent set of shooting sticks, I had a go with my mates tripod ones on the weekend and was really impressed.
    ive found these and wondered if anybody else used them.
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Have used bipod and tripod sticks and find them useless compared to quad sticks

I had a set of knobloch bipod sticks added a leg off a cheap set to make a tripod set I can fold those down if I'm sitting with my back against a tree fence Ect you can't do that with quad sticks can you ?
    Norma

Best on the market, bog sticks, sitting, standing, rock steady,most people have problems with sticks as they don,t know how to use them properly, or quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    I had a set of knobloch bipod sticks added a leg off a cheap set to make a tripod set I can fold those down if I'm sitting with my back against a tree fence Ect you can't do that with quad sticks can you ?
    Norma
    Just open the legs wider

I use Primos Trigger Sticks & find them to be superb! Having said that, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to rely on sticks. They're useful sure, but it's a good idea to practice freehand rather than rely on them all the time. If you have a decent technique the sticks will enhance it, rather than make up for a lack of it

Quote Originally Posted by carlisleredneck View Post
    Hi all. I'm thinking about getting a decent set of shooting sticks, I had a go with my mates tripod ones on the weekend and was really impressed.
    ive found these and wondered if anybody else used them.
    Cheers
    Those look fine but at nearly 80 they are quite expensive. If you can do a bit of basic DIY why not make your own and save yourself quite a lot of money.
    Here's how I made a good adjustable set for around a Tenner!

SD Regular
    Bogpods are excellent. Limulus' quad sticks are also very nice and incredibly steady - but you really need to practice deployment (regardless of model)
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quad sticks,I made mine from green garden sticks,I don't leave home without them

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Bogpods are excellent. Limulus' quad sticks are also very nice and incredibly steady - but you really need to practice deployment (regardless of model)
    As stated this is everything and why I prefer a single stick for standing shots.

For sitting/kneeling shots I carry a pair of short, leightweight double sticks.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.