Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Scopes

Doctor Scopes

Thinking of buying a Docter LP Reticle 2.5-10x48 illuminated for my 243 sako 85, priced at £745

Has anyone got any thoughts on the scope

Thanks

Kohana

They are very good now, they used to be ok but have been improved a lot over the years. Another scope to consider is the Karl Kaps range, again very very good.

I've got a Docter on my 17HMR - very good optics; not quite on a par as the Swarovski that I have on my 243, BUT it did cost significantly less for a like-for-like specification.

I guess some of it depends upon how deep your pockets are - had I had the extra hunderds required, I'd probably have got another Swaro - but equally I have not regretted buying a Docter.

It certainly ain't no cheap n cheerful 2nd rate 'made in Chinese sweatshop' tube!!

Gets a thumbs up from me!

ATB,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I use a Docter 8 x 56 with a LP illuminated reticle on my REM .243
    Good scope has never let me down in the 4 years i have had it & am thinking of getting one for the .270 that i have just bought.

Cheers
    John

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKY View Post
    I use a Docter 8 x 56 with a LP illuminated reticle on my REM .243
    Good scope has never let me down in the 4 years i have had it & am thinking of getting one for the .270 that i have just bought.

Cheers
    John
    Good optics on those Doctor scopes thought about one myself

I use a 3-12-56 with the DBA ret for stalking has never let me down in five years on my Stalking rifle
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by kohana View Post
    Thinking of buying a Docter LP Reticle 2.5-10x48 illuminated for my 243 sako 85, priced at £745

Has anyone got any thoughts on the scope

Thanks

Kohana
    I am sure the Doctor is fine. But, for another £50 you can buy a Swaro 2.5-10x42 with ill Ret. It will be at least as good, if not a bit better than the Doctor. The difference is, the day you decide to sell, you can put the Swaro on Ebay and recoup most, if not all of what you spent.

Buy the Swaro.....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

had the 3x12x56best low light scope i have had very good on the lamp im sure the swaro is good but never had a problem with doctor scope id recomend them to eney one

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    had the 3x12x56best low light scope i have had very good on the lamp im sure the swaro is good but never had a problem with doctor scope id recomend them to eney one
    I've got the same and second the low light capabilities, I believe they were testested alongside all the big names and came out top in this department. I find the illumination adjustment a minor pain but apart from that great. Back up good too.

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your comments, will take them away and think about all that has been said

Mny thanks

Kohana