Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hattrick

hattrick

Hi Guys

just a quick write up, i went for a early morning sit this morning on my new lease, i got up the highseat nice and early with my wifes uncle (observer) and waited for the day to wake up infront us.
    as it did i could see several dark object about 290 yards into the field by a couple of trees, as the morning woke up a little more the swarovski bins helped dark blobs turn into deer .
    there was ten of them all fallow does, anyhow to cut a long story short there was no wind and i was rock steady and confident, so the first fell a 290 , second at 270 and third at 250 they all hit the deck like a sack of suds.
    the 308 did its job again great and i know this rifle inside out which does help alot

Attachment 50871Attachment 50872Attachment 50873

i could of shot more but i restrained my self

Many thanks

ATB

Dave

wow ,cracking day out,but i bet the carry back was a killer with all the venison to drag

Well done dave. What day shall I come round for dinner? You'll be off to the sales tomorrow to buy a new freezer then! A fantastic morning on a new ground looks like the old year finished off nice and hopefully a few left for 2015. I'm off in a minute or two to my ground for a last minute trip. Hope I have some of your luck.

luckly i got the truck within 100 yards of all 3 of them

Bl@@y hell Dave thats more deer than I see in a year on my bit,

Nice healthy looking does there.

nice work mate top morning

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta cocker View Post
    Nice healthy looking does there.
    Healthy? They were a lot healthier a few hours before that picture was taken than they are now that's for certain

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    anyhow to cut a long story short there was no wind and i was rock steady and confident, so the first fell a 290 , second at 270 and third at 250 they all hit the deck like a sack of suds.
    the 308 did its job again great and i know this rifle inside out which does help alot
    Nice work, good shooting - and that is the key - know your rifle. I've seen a tag line that said "beware the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to shoot it". That being said, there's horses for courses too.
    Cheers
    Hayden

Good morning there Dave
    atb steve