Thread: New 22LR barrel for my 10/22 on the way.

New 22LR barrel for my 10/22 on the way.

It's a blued, fluted, 1:9" barrel for shooting sub-sonics from Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co. I had one once for shooting Aguila 60 grain Sub Sonic Sniper ammunition but it slipped away. This will probably go on my 96/22 lever action which takes the same barrels as the 10/22. While poking around on the site I found that Green Mountain are again carrying the "Stinger Chamber" 10/22 barrels with a 1-18" twist. I have the prototype barrel and have it on my 10/22. It is the most accurate 10/22 barrel I have ever fired. (except with the 60 grain SSS!)

My 1:9" should be here next week.

Normally I wouldn't bother posting this in a UK site but I know that Green Mountain ships to the UK. You can't buy better for the money.~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 31-12-2014 at 03:29.

If I had known your dirty little mind was thinking of that heavy 1:9 barrel I would have steered you to a bull barrel that is actually a full length suppressor, made to shoot 60-gr subsonic. Just the thing for the foxing they do in the UK, except you can hear the bolt cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    If I had known your dirty little mind was thinking of that heavy 1:9 barrel I would have steered you to a bull barrel that is actually a full length suppressor, made to shoot 60-gr subsonic. Just the thing for the foxing they do in the UK, except you can hear the bolt cycling.
    Man! I'm a 1:9 guy from waay back. The designer of the 60 grain SSS is a close personal friend of mine.~Muir

No law saying you can't have a suppressed barrel in the same contour. (Well, there is, but you can pay a $250 tax and wait 9 months for the paperwork.) My friend also makes an integral suppressed barrel/ action .22 for the autopistol, and an integral ( inside the handguard) suppressed 16.5-inch M-16 in 5.56 and .300 Whisper.

You will love that barrel. I bought the exact barrel, with a threaded muzzle, for the purpose of building a super accurate suppressed 10-22. Went to Stocky's for the laminated thumb hole stock.

Beautiful, accurate, quiet (even with standard velocity CCI it sounds like a pellet rifle).

They only problem I have run into is the chamber tolerances. It can be quite picky, and absolutely refuses to chamber about 50% of the cheap plinking type .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    You will love that barrel. I bought the exact barrel, with a threaded muzzle, for the purpose of building a super accurate suppressed 10-22. Went to Stocky's for the laminated thumb hole stock.

Beautiful, accurate, quiet (even with standard velocity CCI it sounds like a pellet rifle).

They only problem I have run into is the chamber tolerances. It can be quite picky, and absolutely refuses to chamber about 50% of the cheap plinking type .22LR
    Yeah. I think the chambers are tight. I will have a little added leverage from the 96 lever gun. I have been shooting Green Mountain Barrels for a long time. The owner is a friend of MarinePMI and I, and we would get prototype barrels to test/review; never shot an inaccurate one.~Muir

I had a green mountain barrel once. Bloody good barrel
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK