Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi all, I have been using this site now for a number of years to help me make certain decisions, as ther seems to be a lot of knowledgeable shooters on here. I am interested in all genres of shooting from pigeon shooting, rough shooting, vermin control and also deer stalking, as most of my money goes on my other passion of fly fishing all my shooting has to be free, but luckily I have a couple of local farms which I have access too. I own 6 shotguns and 4 rifles, one .177 air rifle, two .22 rimfires and my 25-06 stalking rifle. I am currently looking at getting a 17 hmr for some long range rabbits but am undecided on the type of scope. I currently own a a most& bender and a leupold vx2, I cannot decide though what to put on the 17 hmr, i have been looking at the zeiss duralyt 3-12x 50 but I'm not sure whether I will need greater magnification, there is currently some nikon monach ( I own the binoculars) 6-24x50 scopes that have been reduced from 700 and are now down to 320. Please could someone advise?

Welcome to the SD Wylytom.

The Nikon scope would be a good choice for the 17hmr saving you a little money.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkingKent View Post
    Welcome to the SD Wylytom.

The Nikon scope would be a good choice for the 17hmr saving you a little money.

Hi, thanks for your advise, I know that the nikon may not be of the same quality as the zeiss, but the extra magnification will probably be handy when shooting 200yard rabbits. Plus at half the price of the zeiss i can put the 300 saving into buying the rifle.

Nowt wrong with a Nikon. They make top class cameras so lens quality will be good.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses