22-250 20"barrel 1 in 12 twist load

czgerry

hi all i am going to start loading for the above can any one recomend powder, loads for the short barrel. they have h380 at the gun shop will this be ok, they also have other hodgdon powers
new at this
thanks gerry
ps will be for foxing

I have had a 1 - 12 twist 22-250 (Savage) plus a further three 22-250's, all of which I reloaded for, and I don't like H380.

I found it dirty and quite temperature sensitive giving varying POI's (put "H380 temperature sensitive into Google"?) and after many trials with several powders I much prefer Varget as a great all round powder for the 22-250.

I have had a 1 - 12 twist 22-250 (Savage) plus a further three 22-250's, all of which I reloaded for, and I don't like H380.

I found it dirty and quite temperature sensitive giving varying POI's (put "H380 temperature sensitive into Google"?) and after many trials with several powders I much prefer Varget as a great all round powder for the 22-250.

That may be but H380 is a lot easy to find! I've found using magnum primers with H380 works very well too.

rgds Tristram

That may be but H380 is a lot easy to find! I've found using magnum primers with H380 works very well too.

rgds Tristram

I agree with both of your comments & I also used magnum primers with H380 - but perhaps it's still on the shelf because it is less popular although (if I remember correctly) H380 was specifically developed for the 22-250 (the H for the manufacturer and the 380 for 38.0 gr) ?

I agree with both of your comments & I also used magnum primers with H380 - but perhaps it's still on the shelf because it is less popular although (if I remember correctly) H380 was specifically developed for the 22-250 (the H for the manufacturer and the 380 for 38.0 gr) ?

Yes that's what I've heard too. I'm using 38.5gr H380, fed magnum primers & 55gr V max really pleased with it ragged hole & foxes really don't like it.

Back