6.5x47 bullets for deer what you using ?

v-max

Hi what are other 6.5x47 users using in terms of bullets for deer work ? I was looking at 123g sst any one used them what like are they. Other than that I'm looking at 120g Sierra or Speer bullets etc. I have used the 120g nosler & i like them but know that some don't like ballistic tip bullets on deer. I would like to plan a trip in next couple years at muntjac etc but just wondered on lead tip bullets in 120g what people use & rate in case I need to go down that route.

I'm using the Sierra hpbt 130g tried the nosler 120g b/t found them very accurate but to much meat damage , also tried the 123g sst which my rifle just did not like.
Cci 450 magnum primers gave a more consistent downrange result.

Hi what are other 6.5x47 users using in terms of bullets for deer work ? I was looking at 123g sst any one used them what like are they. Other than that I'm looking at 120g Sierra or Speer bullets etc. I have used the 120g nosler & i like them but know that some don't like ballistic tip bullets on deer. I would like to plan a trip in next couple years at muntjac etc but just wondered on lead tip bullets in 120g what people use & rate in case I need to go down that route.

I keep coming back to the Sierra 120 grain Pro Hunter in my 260 Rem which will be running similar velocities to your x47. I've found the Pro Hunter very effective on fallow without excessive meat damage, it seems quite a tough bullet. In my experience 129 grain SST is very accurate and puts deer down very well but can cause more carcass damage on closer shots.

i'v try'd 130hp , but landed on the 120 nos bt, if i was necking them it would be ok but more meat damage than i would wish with boiler room shots very accurate bullet though drops them with very little run out. going to be moving to 120 pro-hunters , i'll leave the nos bt's for foxing :D or long range work

I have used the 120g pro hunter and NBT with success. I have some 100g Barnes TTSX loaded but haven't tried them in anger yet

Back