Border from Norway

Border

Hi Guys, My name is Toby from Norway. I know a few of you from other forums or hunting trips. I have been shooting for 20 odd years, mostly shotgun but in the last 5-6 years rim and centrefire and reloading.I hunt mainly deer and fox.Have got a 6 mth old Border Terrrier pup who I intend to start training to follow up wounded deer in a couple of months time when the 3 ft of snow that we have disappears:confused:

Hejsan Toby, welcome to the site. The Snow is melting here as well but my yard is just one big sheet of ice. I don't think the winter has been to kind to the roe population but you are welcome again in August. The cykel bana in the village is snow free so I'm out on the bike tommorow evening to give the Kopov a good run.

Toby,

is you who I think you is? We nearly got you a roebuck:eek:

Welcome whoever you are

John

Hello Toby.

Do you know if there's going to be a ferry to Norway again?
We used to come over to do a bit of fishing & canoeing, but since they got rid of the Newcastle-Bergan route, we have'nt bothered.
We're really missing it!

Hi Toby,

Welcome to the site!

I'm British but I live and work in Oslo.

Was it you I recently spoke with at Løvenskiold Shooting Range?

@ Chop: I know they're starting Ryanair flights from Oslo, Rygge to Newcastle in May if thats any help!

Jonathan

Last edited:
Welcome Toby,i'm in your snow covered land at the moment..

Did you go to the Jakt og fisk expo at the weekend????

I managed the last hr on sunday,brilliant..

Johner, got my boots:D

Chop, cheap flight's to Oslo with Norwegien, but only boat is Harwich to Esjberg, then drive up through Denmark and catch a choice of boats across to Norge

Nell

Wow, thanks for the replies. Alan-looking forward to August time, John, yes it is me :). I finally managed to bag a small buck at Alan's in Sweden last year(after nearly 5 yrs of trying in Norway, England, Scotland and Sweden)Jonathon, again you are right, we must meet up for a beer sometime. Nell, didnt make the expo this year, I tend to go every 3-4 years as alot of the time its the same old same old. Chop, the information that you have been given is corect to my knowledge.
ATB Toby

Jonathon, again you are right, we must meet up for a beer sometime

Great! nice to have another english/skandi on board :D

As for that beer, you've got my number, so just ping me a message when your over in Oslo.

In that case the next time you are visiting the in-laws let me know and we will see if we can get you a Sika.

John

Back