Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying extra barrel on switch barrel rifles advice

Buying extra barrel on switch barrel rifles advice

I've got a mauser M03 already

if I want to buy extra barrels in different calibres to use on the M03 what does my licence need to say ?

The calibres I want i already have empty slots on my FAC for but it says rifles rather than barrels or doesn't it matter as M03 barrels are serial numbered rather than the action which have no numbers

Barrels / rifles all the same - if you have the calibre slot on the FAC you can fill it with a barrel only, I've got 3 barrels to one stock for my Blaser.
    TonyC

Mine were listed as barrels only, and the barrels serial numbers are recorded on my ticket

i can give you the definitive answer on this one because i had some hassle about it.

your ticket has to say barrel not rifle.

i acquired a 308 barrel for my r8 with a rifle slot and had to get it amended.

Yes the cert has to say barrel and they will be linked to a serial number on the action
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I have 5 barrels for the same action

four are listed as barrels
    one is listed next to and in conjunction with the action as a rifle.

now a point of discussion is if you want to sell the rifle as an entire rifle with a spare barrel as that calibre rather than the one listed and linked with it,
    feo's nightmare!

Hmm! now that is something I hadn't thought about.
    I have the original entry as a Blaser 30-06 rifle but have since added barrels in .243 and .308.
    So if I wanted to dispose of the 30-06 barrel on it's own, that could cause a bit of a dilema, not insurmountable but not straight forward either.
    Then again, as these modular rifles are becoming more popular the local Firearms departments must be coming across it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Hmm! now that is something I hadn't thought about.
    I have the original entry as a Blaser 30-06 rifle but have since added barrels in .243 and .308.
    So if I wanted to dispose of the 30-06 barrel on it's own, that could cause a bit of a dilema, not insurmountable but not straight forward either.
    Then again, as these modular rifles are becoming more popular the local Firearms departments must be coming across it more often.
    Eddie
    My Blaser stock has its own number as have all the barrels listed on my FAC so I can sell a complete rifle without a problem as long as the numbers match, this was not the case originally as the FEO had ommited the original barrel number and I went to Croatia and back on the stock number, got the barrel number added as soon as I got back, its easy to ask them to add the stock number next time you submit for a renewal or variation (dont forget to get the European pass ammended as well - thats if you remember to take it !!!!!

Tony
    TonyC

Hmm !,
    I've had my Blaser a while now and so far haven't managed to find any serial numbers on the stock.
    In fact because of the lack of any numbers on the stock, I looked into buying another with the 'extra bits' so that, if required, I could make two rifles.
    That idea went out of the window when I found the prices of the extra bits required :-(

PS.
    Hi Tony, to save any further embarrassment I have considered stapling my EFP to the rifle stock in future
    Last edited by EMcC; 05-01-2015 at 11:27.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
    Eddie
    My Blaser stock has its own number as have all the barrels listed on my FAC so I can sell a complete rifle without a problem as long as the numbers match, this was not the case originally as the FEO had ommited the original barrel number and I went to Croatia and back on the stock number, got the barrel number added as soon as I got back, its easy to ask them to add the stock number next time you submit for a renewal or variation (dont forget to get the European pass ammended as well - thats if you remember to take it !!!!!

Tony
    Tony,

I looked high and low when i was travelling overseas for my stock serial number.

i would really appreciate a heads up on its location!