Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when or if to shoot albino deer

when or if to shoot albino deer

so out today got wet very wet but kept going and as me and my mate creep in the woods we see about 5 fallow doe's looking straight at us two of witch were albino, we didn't have time to scope them before they were running away but was thinking if they should be shot or not some might say bad luck if u do some might say just another deer. what do people think

Quote Originally Posted by SHIPPERS2 View Post
    so out today got wet very wet but kept going and as me and my mate creep in the woods we see about 5 fallow doe's looking straight at us two of witch were albino, we didn't have time to scope them before they were running away but was thinking if they should be shot or not some might say bad luck if u do some might say just another deer. what do people think
    Bad luck.....for them. It makes them much easier to spot.

I don't shoot them, it's easier to see the "Judas" deer and keep an eye on different groups.

Know people who have them and they say not to shoot them as it makes spotting the herd easier,sounds practical and sensible to me...

If its fallow, you sure they are not just white as opposed to true albino? i.e. red eyes?

If they are fallow its unlikely they are true albino. I have white fallow on one of my main leases, and they get shot the same as any other fallow.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Definitly bad luck, well for them at least

We have a herd of menial (black) fallow in our area and they are V hard to spot, so if I have a choice I will always leave a common fallow, if among them to make spotting easier, though if there is not a choice, down it goes!

Established Poster
    I would take the White ones over, menial or common as it's easier for poachers to spot on a drive by,

Quote Originally Posted by SaOsborne View Post
    We have a herd of menial (black) fallow in our area and they are V hard to spot, so if I have a choice I will always leave a common fallow, if among them to make spotting easier, though if there is not a choice, down it goes!
    Menial?