Taking rifle to Hungary

arron

Hi guys , have any you travelled hunters taken a rifle to Hungary , if so which airline did you use as jet2 wont allow firearms to travel in no circumstance , thanks in advance Arron.

Last edited:
I was concerned and was just about to contact the Samaritans as I thought he was going to eat his gun. :rofl:

P.S. Arron you've mis-typed Hungary and put hungry instead.:doh:

If BA fly direct to Budapest id go with them over budget airlines Aaron - they don't have issues with transporting firearms though be prepared for £50 each way "admin" fee.

Ive flown in to Prague numerous times with rifles with CZ Airlines (though not recently) then travelled to comps on the Czech / Slovak borders and into Slovakia.

Perhaps also look at Flying in to Vienna or Bratislava then renting vehicle to drive the rest?

I'm flying to Hungary, Budapest, in a couple of weeks with rifle and travelling from Gatwick with Easy Jet.
I made enquiries with BA and got the same answer I got when I made enquiries January last year.
£50 for the carriage of rifle, £50 for carriage of other bag with ammunition in and another £50 Admin fee each way !!
They did suggest I could keep the cost down if I carried my ammo in the same case as my rifle, but it would still be £100 each way.
Easy jet, cheap as chips and no bother with the paperwork.

Easy jet is the way to go if available.

I flew to Budapest last year with Aer Lingus from Dublin. Sweet as a nut.

I'm flying to Hungary, Budapest, in a couple of weeks with rifle and travelling from Gatwick with Easy Jet.
I made enquiries with BA and got the same answer I got when I made enquiries January last year.
£50 for the carriage of rifle, £50 for carriage of other bag with ammunition in and another £50 Admin fee each way !!
They did suggest I could keep the cost down if I carried my ammo in the same case as my rifle, but it would still be £100 each way.
Easy jet, cheap as chips and no bother with the paperwork.
Sound advise Eddy. B.A. no more than f##+in? Thieves. Always gone Easy jet never a problem.
Tusker

We went with a large group using easy jet from stanstead, we all arrived 4 hours before the flight

The process of checking in the firearms was so long winded the flight was delayed 20 mins, If easy jet had had there way they would have left without some of us

Easy jet had been contacted numerous times prior to the trip asking them to be ready and make the system slick

On the morning it was far from slick !!!!!!

If you are the only one you should have no problems, if you are a group, contact easy jet and ask for 2 oversized baggage check in desks to be open

While we were queing up, they were waving golfers skiers mothers with prams etc etc past and in front of us !!!

Despite all this, I had a very good trip, I was very very Lucky
Good Luck

Last edited:
Well, I know from experience Budapest is an easy drive.... pretty much motorway all the way. Done it many times, although not with firearms. When I was young used to do it in one 24 hr hit from Luton. Now I'm older an overnight somewhere around Montabaur/koblenz works nicely.
Just a thought if you have time to spare. ATB

Back