Bloooooody elll

BRYAN

I just googled Zeiss V8.
Look at the ££££££££ on that.

Seriously though,what in hell is the world coming to?
Is the thing powered by a Rover engine or something.
I believe in spending as much on the scope as on the rifle,indeed I have used that excuse myself.
At that sort of money I could have laser eye surgery and buy a good scope with the change.
Is this scope going to sell in numbers?
I think somewhere in an advert it said that the Duralyt is now discontinued,well that didn't reign long then.

And I don't consider myself a skinflint owning four Swarovski scopes,bino's. I just think things are going a bit crazy.

Bryan.

Sub £2100 in the UK, sub £2k from Norway or Germany. And you can get one free with any new Blaser mount! (Joking). But the 20x and the illum ret are notably good.

Zeiss market the V8 as being THE best all round scope for driven, stalking, stand hunting and long range shooting.... "it is always the best choice and provides impressive proof of its superiority" "no other riflescope has ever demonstrated such flexibility and versatility"..... Marketing hype or the best all round scope currently manufactured today?.....perhaps some unbiased testing will tell.

I must confess, I really do like the idea of a relatively compact scope that can do everything, but it does come at a hefty premium. Still, if I won the lottery, I might be tempted! I will be very interested at looking through it at the British shooting show that's for sure.

Its available in 1.8-14 x 50 and 2.8-20 x 56 (both with an illuminated centre dot)
36mm tube!

Last edited:
Last year I was talking to someone I regard as a discerning judge of optics -he also reviews them in the shooting press, so he sees plenty of high-end stuff- and his verdict on the Z8 (2.8-20 x 56) was simple: "It's perfect".

"I tried to find fault with it," he said, "I really did, but I just couldn't. That was when I realised it was perfect."

It may or may not be perfect, but it's clearly impressive.

Hell of a lot of money for a scope, and as usual in the UK we are having our arses torn out in respect of the price.

I spent quite a considerable amount of time researching top end binoculars, I discovered from a lad on this site that a pair of Leica rangefinder binoculars could be had brand new for £1900.00 from Eastern Europe with next day delivery.

At today's exchange rate that is a clear £600.00 saving over best UK price.

Absolutely ridiculous, someone somewhere is make a lot of loot.

Last edited:
A cool $2000 here from my Zeiss guy in New York City. I think I saw listings for rings, too.
Must be a hell of a scope.~Muir

Why £1600 in America, when they are so wealthy compared to UK paupers :stir:
Are we talking rip off Britain again?
If you can afford one, yes buy one, or two, are they worth four or five times more than a £500 pound scope? No of course not.
Will you shoot four or five times as many Deer? No of course not.
Most people are equipment Tarts and would sell one of their children to buy one. But that is just the country we live in. It seems to start at school, if you don't have the correct brand of trainers you are classed a second class citizen.
I'm sure the replies will start saying, you've got ten minuets more shooting in low light etc etc etc. Ten minuets!!! nutters.
If you can afford it, great, if you've got to sell one of the kids to buy one, make sure it's the worst behaved kid!

36mm tube, what about mounts?

Yes that was a bit of an issue I am having one of these fitted to a custom rifle I am getting built and Tally don't do 36mm The only ones any good that seem to be available are the recknagels from Alan Rhone, but result in a slightly higher mount than I would have liked. I prefer rings to rails and is it turns out rails would result in an even higher mount

I made the mistake of picking one of these up at the stalking show and comparing with the Zeiss 6-24 by 56mm I had intended to put on it

d

D

Yes that was a bit of an issue I am having one of these fitted to a custom rifle I am getting built and Tally don't do 36mm The only ones any good that seem to be available are the recknagels from Alan Rhone, but result in a slightly higher mount than I would have liked. I prefer rings to rails and is it turns out rails would result in an even higher mount

I made the mistake of picking one of these up at the stalking show and comparing with the Zeiss 6-24 by 56mm I had intended to put on it

d

D

I've seen them mounted on Blaser's on youtube but they had V8 scopes with rails fitted, in reality would the increase in scope height with rails really make that much difference?... Apparently this scope has huge vertical adjustment also.

Back