Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusual weapons

Unusual weapons

An elderly guest over Christmas borrowed a walking stick from our umbrella stand by the front door to go out for a walk.
    Fair enough,but then I noticed it was one of my collection of antique sword sticks. I persuaded him that one of the other ones would be more suitable.
    Just wondering what others have in the unusual weapon category...maybe some obsolete calibres ?.

ps..The sword sticks are legal to have but not to take out, obviously.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Lucky I didn't have a sword stick with me last night as my pointers were attacked & one almost killed by 3 enormous bull mastiffs. 2 of them had the 14 year old in the air & were trying to 'break her up' like hounds with a fox & she was unconscious for several minutes after I managed to beat them off. The owner had the nerve to have a go at me for talking my walking stick to them. The really scary thing was that he couldn't even pull off one, never mind call it off.

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    ps..The sword sticks are legal to have but not to take out, obviously.
    An absurd law, is it not? I take mine for a walk occasionally within the curtilage of my dwelling-house, just to give it a bit of air.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Lucky I didn't have a sword stick with me last night as my pointers were attacked & one almost killed by 3 enormous bull mastiffs. 2 of them had the 14 year old in the air & were trying to 'break her up' like hounds with a fox & she was unconscious for several minutes after I managed to beat them off. The owner had the nerve to have a go at me for talking my walking stick to them. The really scary thing was that he couldn't even pull off one, never mind call it off.
    Send the owner any vets bills. Consider reporting it to the police - Dangerous Dogs. I know that they probably attacked because it was other dogs, but three together? Pack instinct taking over here perhaps. Could have been a child. The attitude of the owner shows there's nothing going to change there unless things are pushed. https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

(Sorry - I realise that this is veering somewhat off topic).

+1 on the above.

One of these would probably have more useful, if less elegant...

Velo-dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps... how are your dogs ?
    Last edited by private fraser; 04-01-2015 at 22:08.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Years ago whilst helping out a friend doing a house clearance we came across boxes of military ammunition , rifles , revolvers , flare guns 1 bsa air rifle and 2 bayonets
    Most things were kept in the garden under tarps , but a few items were inside including a revolver with an exploded barrel
    The local police used to hide when we went in as every round had to be counted and there were thousands

Years ago working with my father who was a plumber, we found a 20b /.22lr drilling in a loft by Baikal. House owner wouldn't part with it and gave it in to the police.

T

Got a couple of throwing sticks given to me by an aboriginal fella up near Jabiru NT, in exchange for a old sheath knife back in the 80's, I thought at first he was pulling my leg when he told me what they were( looked like firewood to be honest) i only agreed to the swap having seen him get a small wallaby & later knock 2 whistling ducks out of the sky, i am yet to hit even stationary objects..

I have a spear which was originally given to my grandfather's uncle when he was Archdeacon of Johannesburg.

The dogs along with the owner should be subject to a certain injection.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!