Thread: howa 1500 mounts

howa 1500 mounts

Hi I'm after some mounts for my howa I got a piccatiny rail on there which it came with but I don't like it as the sights seat to high on it with the mounts I got .
    I'm just woundering on what mounts and bases u guys use and were to get them from
    Cheers

Same as Remington bases. Available at any gun shop or online.

Quote Originally Posted by nicky-hoskins View Post
    Hi I'm after some mounts for my howa I got a piccatiny rail on there which it came with but I don't like it as the sights seat to high on it with the mounts I got .
    I'm just woundering on what mounts and bases u guys use and were to get them from
    Cheers
    what mounts have you got? and what objective size are you trying to mount? may be cheaper to buy new lower mounts rather than replace the rail, as the rail is not all that high and any mounts will require bases. I have two Howas, one with the rail and a large objective scope, the other with Leupold bases and low rings and a 42mm scope that clears the barrel/receiver by about 3mm both rifles mount easily and neither seem too high or low .
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by 243ack View Post
    Same as Remington bases. Available at any gun shop or online.
    ^^^^^^^
    This is what i did Leupold remington bases

I use the Talley mounts sold by Weatherby. I think Talley makes them in Low, Medium and High, but Weatherby only resell the Medium and High. (In any case, I have the Mediums, which fit my 2.5-10x42 fairly well.)

Cheers,
    Jeff.

I don't like the rail either and swapped it for a one piece Game Reaper mount and ring.
    Highly recommended on the Howa.

Game Reaper - Howa | DNZ
    Last edited by Cadex; 04-01-2015 at 21:27.

Cheers for the help guys i got a vortex viper to stick on the howa so remington 700 bases will fit the howa thats good to know , I'll do some looking round tomorrow , hopefully i can try my new scope out next weekend