Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAC Air Rifle .22 PCP

FAC Air Rifle .22 PCP

** Now found what I wanted, so thanks for your help **

Not sure if anyone on here uses them but I have a slot for a .22 FAC Air Rifle, so am on the lookout for a PCP airgun (not break barrel) that is not too far away from me in Guildford, Surrey. Ideally it would be shortish & not too heavy but am pretty open; I would like a bottle gun with good capacity it does not have to be one. Am looking for a Rapid, BSA Superten or R10, FX Verminator or HW100 but there may be others I would go for. It needs to be FAC rated (so no 12 ft/lbs ones please) ideally doing around 30 to 40 ft/lbs. I would like to spend 300 to 500 ish but may go higher for the right kit. Thanks.
    Last edited by Neumo; 16-01-2015 at 22:32. Reason: Found item I wanted

Try gubstar or gunsforsale.com several on there the other day

SD Regular
    Running up to 40, you're probably looking at something like a Daystate Airwolf - and therefore more money - but it is worth it....!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have been looking on g*nstar & g*ntrader but have not seen what I like for the money I want to sped. I will look at G*ns forsale.com, which I have not heard of.

I had one of the very first Airwolf's when they were released in the UK (single digit Serial no, ordered 4 months in advance). It was a great gun but had too many issues with it, so it went after a while. It is also quite a weight to lug round as I have a few mile walk around one of my permissions. I currently run a custom Bowket SuperTen with a big bull barrel & a Tawnado stock, which is a great rig but is quite heavy to cart around for a couple of miles. An Airwolf would be a similar weight. My rabbiting partner has a new AirRanger Tactical that is not as heavy as the air wolfs. If I was going to drop 1K+ on a rig then it would be a Verminator Mk2 I think. I shall keep on looking.

The airgun center in rayleigh may also be worth a shout. They are very good!

There is a couple of fac rapids on gun trader in your price range

Do you need a Bottle in that price (suggest a 12ltr 300bar )

Quote Originally Posted by scoop View Post
    There is a couple of fac rapids on gun trader in your price range
    Can these still be repaired / maintained parts and skill wise ?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Thank you for the PMs, offers & advice. I am looking into a few promising leads but have not decided on anything yet.

FGYT: Yes I have a 3L bottle that I use on my other airguns, which will do for now.

I am pretty sure that you can still get these worked on even though Theoben went bust (?) as they were a very popular item with a lot of people tuning them.

Defo. They will never go out of parts.