Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decathlon

Decathlon

Decathlon invaded the European market, even in shooting clothes/equipment. How is this on the UK market? Are Decathlon products used a lot by UK shooters/stalkers?

I've bought various pairs of trousers from them, both for me and my son, plus underlayers - in fact, I'm wearing a rather toasty base layer that only cost a fiver (wish I'd bought two!!) which I bought last week, along with a long sleeved merino top.

One of the best buys? A pair of fleece gloves for a quid. Fit well, not too bulky and v warm. Result.

Overall, have been happy with stuff I've bought from there; the fleece lined trousers are great (my son's "go to" hunting keks), and all sensibly priced.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Not to my knowledge. I bought some excellent trousers for beating in a French Decathlon store, but I don't think any of the UK stores stock hunting gear (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by mallettn View Post
    Not to my knowledge. I bought some excellent trousers for beating in a French Decathlon store, but I don't think any of the UK stores stock hunting gear (yet)
    The Warrington one and the Bolton one do (albeit limited ranges); more stuff on there website - but the website is....ummm....temperamental. And a bit pants for placing an order compared to Amazon, for example. Take a deep breath before 'heading to checkout'.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

The one in Glasgow is pretty awful. The smell of Chinese Crimplene and Indian plastic make me unwell.

Loads of shooting goodies in the French stores, have some wellies from the UK website which have held up well but typically the UK shops aren't anywhere near as fun as the french ones.

I bought a load of stuff in Decathlon in Lille years ago, it was generally very good quality.

The he stuff I have seen recently in the UK has been rubbish at best.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I have bought shotgun slugs from the Decathlon in Arras a few times . They have a good stock of rifle ammo but the cost is more than back home unless your after one of the less favoured calibres here GB.
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

SD Regular
    They still do fishing gear (in addition to all their clothing) but NO LONGER do anything air weapon related since the RFD requirements came in for air weapons with the VCR. My nearest is the big one at J26 of the M1 it has lots of green and camo colour stuff. But yes, as others say, it has that odd plastic smell.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 05-01-2015 at 19:56.

There is a huge garden centre near me that does a decent breakfast for little money just to get the Grey into the place but the catch is you have to walk through a massive golf shop and i seriously feel ill with the odour from the Rupert the Bear clothing they sell, so much so i rarely order the fry up.