Gun licence fees

ciscokid

Ed Balls , the shadow chancellor has just said on sky news , that he will put more police on the streets, and will pay for them with realistic gun licence fees and doing away with the PCC elections.

Lets hope he doesn't get elected in May 2015.
how much would the fees be under his ideas?

Whatever he thinks he get away with, £ 200 has been mooted. Isn't it about time criminals had policing costs stopped from their welfare benefits?

atb Tim

Labour tw*ts have a short memory, who left the treasury note "The money's all gone"???????????????, best we can hope for is a coalition between UKIP & Cameron.

Ed Balls , the shadow chancellor has just said on sky news , that he will put more police on the streets, and will pay for them with realistic gun licence fees and doing away with the PCC elections.

Lets hope he doesn't get elected in May 2015.
how much would the fees be under his ideas?

And you believe him? a politician.

UKIP? please, bigots and racists should not get our vote based on playing to the lowest common denominators (they're stealing our jobs, etc, etc...) whilst producing no coherent policy. I do not support Cameron, but at least he is a genuine option. For what it's worth, I do support Labour but don't necessarily support this policy. I don't mind paying what it costs the police to administer, as long as they are efficient and I'm not subsidising excessive burden. I don't think we should, or will be expected to, fund more bobbies on the beat.

What is annoying is that he would expect the most law abiding members of society ( FAC and SGC ) holders to pay.
I would rather see drivers who text whilst driving pay for the extra bobbies.

UKIP? please, bigots and racists should not get our vote based on playing to the lowest common denominators (they're stealing our jobs, etc, etc...) whilst producing no coherent policy. I do not support Cameron, but at least he is a genuine option. For what it's worth, I do support Labour but don't necessarily support this policy. I don't mind paying what it costs the police to administer, as long as they are efficient and I'm not subsidising excessive burden. I don't think we should, or will be expected to, fund more bobbies on the beat.

I don't recognise your description of UKIP members, not in this part of the world anyway (and no I haven't joined UKIP).

atb Tim

"anybody who wants to be a politician should be banned for life from public office".the big yin hit the nail on the head with that statement:old:

I think the majority of UKIP supporters are seen as racist, only as immigration is the thing that supporters talk about. I have always felt that if you don't mind paying ten pounds for one pound of service, vote labour! Is there an answer NO

I would rather see drivers who text whilst driving pay for the extra bobbies.

Don't get me started... I'm not easily wound up but being behind a car that doesn't move when the lights change, clearly because the driver is texting (you can tell because their face is lit up) really grinds my gears.

UKIP got 40% of the vote on the IW in the Euro Elections, that makes it around 40,000+ racists here.... or does it?

atb Tim

You don't have to be a racist to vote UKIP, clearly. But I would say there is a higher proportion of racists, homophobes, and bigots amongst their activists than any other party. They may be pro shooting but the rest of their very limited policies would screw over our economy based on a pathetic fear of Jonny foreigner. Yes Brussels needs reforming, trust me I know that better than most, but we benefit hugely from the single market.

Yes Brussels needs reforming, trust me I know that better than most, but we benefit hugely from the single market.

You've hit the nail firmly on the head with that one.

I would guess one reason why UKIP is so popular on the IW is that we are an economically deprived area adjoining the prosperous South East. We pay the same taxes as everyone else but it is areas such as Scotland, Wales and the North of England with a higher average per capita income that receives EU aid.

We have a failing hospital and most state secondary schools have recently been in special measures, travel to and from the mainland is via very expensive and inconvenient ferry services, we do not even get the RET that many Scottish islands benefit from!

Support for UKIP locally has little if anything to do with racism or immigration, the island's people just don't have those sort of attitudes, what we are sick and tired of is our taxes being spent on the mainland and in Europe when we desperately need inward investment here.

The sooner we are out of the rip off EU the better.

atb Tim

But I would say there is a higher proportion of racists, homophobes, and bigots amongst their activists than any other party.

Prove it....
There ARE a high proportion of people in it that don't have classes in how not to make a prat of themselves in public. You think the main streem parties are not taught how to talk in public, get lesson on how to twitter and Facebook? And they STILL mess up.

One day a UKIP candidate came into a local pub - it only came up in passing as he was saying hello to my dog - and yet someone started saying that they were an jewish bisexual and that they shouldn't even be in the same pub with them. And continued on and on and on about the national front, BNP etc etc..... Made me ashamed that the person who did nothing and said nothing was the bigot simply because of the perception of some people..... And no.. I'm not UKIP.

With the NHS teetering on the edge and other public services that so many in this country rely upon I find it incredulous that people should even worry about the price of our certificates when we have working families out there sometimes having no choice but to visit food banks. Workhouses next? Welcome to Dickensian Britain.

Last edited:
With the NHS teetering on the edge and other public services that so many in this country rely upon I find it incredulous that people should even worry about the price of our certificates when we have working families out there sometimes having no choice but to visit food banks. Workhouses next? Welcome to Dickensian Britain.
And equally there are a lot of people who have never worked a day doing who are doing very nicely at taxpayers expense, housed, fed and kept very happy thank you.
So what are you saying? That I should pay more for my FAC because we have an imperfect society?

Last edited:
Back