Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary help out of a bind with a Permission?

Established Poster

Temporary help out of a bind with a Permission?

Hello

I am in a bit of a bind in that I did have a Permission to stalk on but my contact is moving and the new owners are not keen on "killing animals" as they put it.

I need to renew my licence and to specify that I have somewhere where I am allowed to stalk.

Would anyone here be prepared to agree to allow me to stalk on their land? This would just be until I sort out another Permission and not likely that I would actually stalk there.

I understand that this would be a bit of an inconvenience for the person doing it and I am prepared to pay some money for doing this.

Any thoughts?

Chris.

Is this a joke? Or did you just ask someone to help you fudge your FAC renewal on an open forum.......

I thought he was asking if anyone had stalking he could lease until he got more land, if this had been half way through his license time it would not matter, sorry mate i have nothing.

Assuming it's not possible to talk the new owners round with the responsible managment of natural resource/free free-range humanely-culled venison schtick; is there really so much to worry about re. the FAC?

I've no ground of my own, but take a few weeks at hinds annually. I'd have thought that the FEO would accept that you were on the look-out for new ground and that in the mean time you might let some stalking by the day and/or use your rifle/s to practice with.

Might be worth talking through with them?
    Last edited by Dalua; 05-01-2015 at 22:08.

Book some stalking with a trade member on here that should then cover your renewal if you have future stalking booked.

Why not simply buy a couple of days stalking rather than getting others involved in what could possibly be seen as a deception in the eyes of the police?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Good chance for you to show the new owners the benifit of the current deer management. I.e low damage to trees and flora. Explain the need for deer control and the benifits it has on the environment they are now lucky enough to own. Take them some venison round and let them try some of their own meat and offer to supply them in the future. Stalking is hard to come by (I should know I ain't managed to get my own yet) and you need to work to retain it.
    Don't worry about the FAC you only need good reason to be granted a ticket. Your reason is you will be going stalking deer. End of. All this b***ocks about having named land etc is just not in the rules. I was granted a rifle to shoot moose but I ain't got any on my syndicate.
    I think you're never going to get someone to do as you suggest. I can't even find ground as a 'propper' syndicate member with high seats, quad, dsc2 la la la.
    Hope you manage to keep your ground but just put some leg work in.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

help?

If no one closer to home comes to your aid then drop me a PM.
    I have a piece of land near Wimborne, Dorset that I don't get out to too often.
    You can use it on your licence. I'll introduce you to the landowner.
    But there will be conditions.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    If no one closer to home comes to your aid then drop me a PM.
    I have a piece of land near Wimborne, Dorset that I don't get out to too often.
    You can use it on your licence. I'll introduce you to the landowner.
    But there will be conditions.
    Great offer mate well done

I have no land with deer on, I only do paid stalks, both my .243 and .270 are conditioned for deer and no probs with renewal even though i only had 2 stalks last year and no deer were shot.