Thread: Wild boar in wiltshire

Wow very tragic that part of the motorway used to be part of my daily commute.

Just seen the news. Apparently Wild Boar have never been seen in the area so the police are looking into whether it was a farmed animal that has escaped.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Tragic indeed. Back in 2003 long before I started stalking, we rounded the corner west bound just over a mile short of the Newbury Junction and hit a car on its roof in the outside lane. The car had hit a deer and overturned (occupants on the hard shoulder). We were extremely lucky to get out with just bad whiplash. Having flipped several times and rolled plenty, there was only one small part of the roof still the correct height - where I was sitting (the missus is fortunately very short). Have always stuck with Passat's after that.

There is a Boar Farm not too far away, although I'd be surprised if one managed to get out. The fencing is extremely good and with an additional electric section.
    Tim

Wouldn't a farmed 'Wild Boar' have an ear tag to identify it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Wouldn't a farmed 'Wild Boar' have an ear tag to identify it?
    Presumably it would but like cattle ear tags .. they fall out.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

There's a member on here who shoots plenty of wild boar not a million miles from there so I would imagine that it's wild!

In the telegraph today as well.

A wild boar was hit and killed by a car back in 2008'ish near Chippenham Wiltshire, not far away from this M4 crash. so they are about !!