Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt & Bender 1.5 - 6 x 42 Flash Dot Illuminated reticle scope

Schmidt & Bender 1.5 - 6 x 42 Flash Dot Illuminated reticle scope

This scope is in mint condition and apart from the slight ring markings, which can be seen in the pics, it is unmarked. It comes with the original box and paperwork.

It has an illuminated reticule, identified by S & B as an FD A9. It is a fantastic piece of kit and is virtually as new.

Currently retailing at around 1500, looking for 750. Any inspection welcome. If interested please PM me.

I might be interested in this but the ring marks look appalling; can you do anything about them?

I'd also like to see some shots of the glass please.
    Last edited by McKenzie; 06-01-2015 at 10:49.

Excellent and versatile scope, love mine to bits, wish I could have picked it up for that price - it is a steal. Good luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I might be interested in this but the ring marks look appalling; can you do anything about them?.
    The scratches look superficial so a black felt tip pen then a new set of mounts will soon sort those marks out.
    At that price I would have expected them to be dents and the whole item in pretty bad shape.
    That is a steal for somebody.

Thank you

The glass is perfect and whilst some might consider the presence of ring marks to be unsightly I guess its a matter of personal choice/ budget. For me the scope is a tool and once mounted on the rifle the ring marks can't be seen. It is offered at a good price and someone will end up with a nice piece of kit and get a lifetime of use out of it.

I'm very interested in this scope but don't want a badly marked scope. I'm tall with long arms & neck so scopes tend to be mounted further forward in the rings than would work for most people, hence marks would probably be more visible. Could you give the scope a light coat of oil & re-photograph the marks as this is the state it would usually be on my rifle. I'm happy to take it if this looks ok.

Black permanent felt tip pen will sort it for you as long as it it scratches rather than dents/crimps.
    Once mounted you won't notice it.
    Last edited by EMcC; 07-01-2015 at 12:10.

Please pm re your email and contact number