Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Boar involved in fatal accident on the M4

There are now an estimated 1,000 in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I think they have well underestimated the amount of boar in the UK. When i see the estimation for boar numbers in Sweden and then read the cull figures they are allways under in their numbers estimations. I read that there are no boar in the area where the accident happened but boar roam great distanses. I remember about 5 years ago when an old chap shot the first boar in our area
    and it was said that there were no boar in 30 miles. We have plenty of boar here now.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    Who came up with that estimate Bob? I heard that there were at least 900 in the Forest of Dean, so the other 100 must be spread fairly thin throughout the country.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Who came up with that estimate Bob? I heard that there were at least 900 in the Forest of Dean, so the other 100 must be spread fairly thin throughout the country.
    Well can you spread some this way please

Sorry boys but of the 100 i have at least 22 on one of my bits as that is the size of one herd ive seen this season

It was hit near Swindon between 17 and 16. If so that's some 40 miles from any other sightings I have heard of. Wonder if it was an escapee from a farm?

There is a Boar Farm not too far away, although I'd be surprised if one managed to get out. The fencing is extremely good and with an additional electric section.
    Tim

It's the real boar company isn't it?

it was in the article, a bit low methinks.