high end scopes

wraith

just got back from my gun shop where i was going to purchase a nice s/b5x25x50pm 2 had a real good play with it outside and to be onest was realy disapointed in it so much for the all singing dancing smit the onley thing i liked was the ret :rolleyes:glass was average have looked throe better i.0.r wipes the floor with it what can i say about this scope hmmmm looks ok has s/b on the side ho hum its mince :eek: yes and i know im going to get flack for that but there was nothing specal about the s/b all the hipe theres a marine in every one yes stuffed up the scope tube me thinks :eek: there was not one thing that maid me or would maike me purchase one so for all the snipers out there go purchase a i.o.r scope it beats the s/b hands down it may be a bit longer than the s/b it may even be a bit hevier than the s/b but the i.o.r just shines when you look throe it the s./b just says im over priced and over hear listen to the hipe purchase me sorrey i left the shop with the money in my pocket now probaly going to get another i.o.r if eney members are intrested in big s/b the scope is on gun trader for 1500pounds with appel mounts extra200 il have the i.o.r at half the price ;)

Totally agree with you wraith. S&B have lost the plot, I wouldnt buy one out of principle now, nice scope but not for that money! I am going to get the IOR at some point because its a better valued scopeI think.

All the talk is down to clever marketing I feel as when the special forces started using them the prices seemed to go through the roof...Funny that! :lol:

Just tuppence worth.

the 6x24x50 i.o.r is the one to get bud trust me lee at borrder barrels pointed me to that moddel and its the dogs bits with mounts postage 1000pounds on my door onley thing is now every one is after one so now there is a waiting list

Zeiss, swarovski, kahles.
No need to look any further.
No need for big mag scopes 3-12x is more then plenty unless your a deer sniper not a deer stalker......................................................
INCOMING

wraith,

I've been reading some good things about these IOR scopes and I'm looking into getting the 4-14x56 with illuminated 4A reticle.

I'm no scope expert but they don't appear to come with a parallax adj, does this effect the focusing between shorter and longer ranges?

Jonathan

I have to say, I have 2 PM2's and I love them, not a status thing one bit, I also looked at the Z6i's each to their own in every case, but I got rid of a Swarovski PV-N 3-12x50 and replaced it with a PM2. In my opinion, they make the best glass to fit onto a rifle, but I think Swarovski make the best spotting/binos.

TJ

Not sure about S&B being the best glass, not after seeing IOR, which I woukd say are hot on their heals! I think that Mr Schmidt and Mr Bender need to wake up and smell the coffee because the guys at IOR are no fools! :D They are also much more amenable! :eek:

wraith,

I've been reading some good things about these IOR scopes and I'm looking into getting the 4-14x56 with illuminated 4A reticle.

I'm no scope expert but they don't appear to come with a parallax adj, does this effect the focusing between shorter and longer ranges?

Jonathan

Jonher

I have the IOR 4-14x50 with the MP-8 reticule (see http://www.border-barrels.co.uk/4-14x5030il-tactical-turrets-10-p.asp). It has parallax adjustment via a knob on the left side of the scope.

It is a very nice scope although the illuminated reticule would be better if you had the choice to illuminate just the middle 'dot'.

willie_gunn

Jonher

I have the IOR 4-14x50 with the MP-8 reticule (see http://www.border-barrels.co.uk/4-14x5030il-tactical-turrets-10-p.asp). It has parallax adjustment via a knob on the left side of the scope.

It is a very nice scope although the illuminated reticule would be better if you had the choice to illuminate just the middle 'dot'.

willie_gunn

Willie_gunn

Thanks for clarifying that for me, all my scopes have the parallax on the objective.

According to their website, they now do a 4-14x50 or 56 where just the dot illuminates gree (reticle 4A)

see here: http://www.valdada.com/product/8bcfe397-cdfc-40b9-bbb7-ab4c22da68e9.aspx

Somebody posted on AR, that anybody over the age of 30 can't get the benefit of a 56mm objective over a 50mm due to eye detoriation, is this true??? sorry if 'm side tracking!

Jonathan

I'd put top end bushnell elites side by side with anything mentioned so far and the Elite 6500 4.5-3x50 is out of this world.

Put a high mag Zeiss beside it and you'll struggle to understand what you're getting for all that extra cash. Feel free to have a rip but my eyes are good and I wouldn't swap out my 6500 because realistically you reach a point where optically that's as good as it's getting.

Willie_gunn

Thanks for clarifying that for me, all my scopes have the parallax on the objective.

According to their website, they now do a 4-14x50 or 56 where just the dot illuminates gree (reticle 4A)

see here: http://www.valdada.com/product/8bcfe397-cdfc-40b9-bbb7-ab4c22da68e9.aspx

Somebody posted on AR, that anybody over the age of 30 can't get the benefit of a 56mm objective over a 50mm due to eye detoriation, is this true??? sorry if 'm side tracking!

Jonathan

Jonathan

Thanks for posting this. Interestingly it doesn't look (at least from the photo) like the hunting version with the 4A reticle comes with parallax correction via the side focus knob - you might want to check.

Thanks again

willie_gunn

Zeiss, swarovski, kahles.
No need to look any further.
No need for big mag scopes 3-12x is more then plenty unless your a deer sniper not a deer stalker......................................................
INCOMING

couldnt agree more - 8x56 swarovski all day (and night) long for stalking and foxing....

but for some summer fun, nothing better than the dot of death (nigthforce np2-dd 5.5 - 22 x 56) - the dot is .1875 moa and in the second focal plane - no other scope is better for precise shot placement (imho)

i just had to ruin the perfect stalking rifle and sit that on top of it:lol:

i've only had it a week, and have taken 5 shots at live quarry, its been on a .243 (rook at 310 yards and 2 roe does at distances that should not be mentioned) and now a 22-250 (rook at 173 yards and fox at 200 ish).

not the best at light gathering, a bit fussy, but bloody good (and cheap too:lol:)
DSC01047.jpg

Ior scopes use glass from schott glasswerk of Germany the people who incidentally supply glass for the other top end makers.;) Most of us wouldn,t tell the difference between them , its all about personal preference -nothing wrong with that.

Back