Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila Boots true to size ?

Harkila Boots true to size ?

Is Harkila true to size? How is the width ? I never ordered boots over the internet, but might give it a try now. I need UK size 11 ( Euro 46) , but no half sizes from 46 up.

I found them tight at the instep.
    Not wot u want to hear. But I also found them to be rubbish, Have had 3 pairs all slightly different syles and all usless. Will never have an other pair, at moment have to wear sealskin socks and yeti gaiters in a vain attampt to keep feet dry while i try to geet some wear out of them

I'm a UK10 and my Harkila's are a UK10, so for me they are bang on - I'd say I have wider feet than normal? and they are a good fit with decent hiking socks. There's enough movement on the attached tongue to give good width adjustment

Personally opinion, but I wouldn't buy any boots from them again.... Trousers fine, jackets, fleeces all good, but their boots were nothing but hassle. They were howevere the most comfortable boots fresh out of the box ive ever worn, but they let water in like a sieve within a year (even being goretex).

edit, country boy beat me to it, seems I'm not alone!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Save your money and buy Meindl. I cannot fault harkila pro hunter jacket and trousers but like Deerstalker.308 I would never buy harkila boots again. As somebody once told me. Harkila make boots, jackets, trousers, gloves, hats, shirts, belts etc etc. Meindl make one thing - Boots

I have the Pro Hunter GTX10 Kevlar and love them - I have a wider than average foot. So comfortable. Call Ardmoor which is where I purchased from. They said no problems for return if I needed to change the size.
    Last edited by stevekale; 06-01-2015 at 20:22.

I have the Harkila Big Game GTX 8" in size 11 and love them. They are the most comfortable outdoor boots I've ever owned and I've had no trouble with leakage or the like. Like any outdoor shoe, they do just need periodically cleaning and treating properly, how frequently, entirely depending on use. In size, I vary between 10.5 and 11 depending on manufacture and found the Harkila just a tad on the large size, but not excessively so. I've just ordered a pair of Forester wellies in an 11 and will see how those come up size wise. Uttings also presently have an additional 10% off footwear spend over 150.
    Tim

got the Harkila Forester 17 Inch Zip 5mm H-Vent Wellingtons

happy so far i do like the inner soles that can come out for summer use size 45 10's i ordered 11's but came up very big so sent them back got the 45's by return from uttings had very good service

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    got the Harkila Forester 17 Inch Zip 5mm H-Vent Wellingtons

happy so far i do like the inner soles that can come out for summer use size 45 10's i ordered 11's but came up very big so sent them back got the 45's by return from uttings had very good service
    I have these as well - very happy with them so far.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Hello.
    I have a pair of the Pro hunters 12". Only 2 months in, but still hugely comfortable. I have found in the past that their footwear is a fraction on the small size, so although I'm a UK size 11 wide, these boots are UK 12. With good pair of thick warm socks, they fit well.
    Hope they last!
    atb.