Thread: SHR Rifles

SHR Rifles

I am lookinf for a 6.5x55 and and currently debating the new vs better second hand idea.

Then i saw an SHR stainless synthetic on guntrader and remember that there was a post on here ages ago about them and that they were good. Seems to tick all my boxes.

Does anyone have any feedback further to that thread about the stock, accuracy etc?

Dan

Top bit of kit, the reason they stopped making them was because they were half the price of a Sauer and kicked the sauers butt! Very well engineered as you come to expect from the Swiss, they were very accurate too, I had one in 6.5x55 and it was a tack driver and a hammer on Deer! Three locking lug bolt, nice safety and the standard trigger broke like glass. The only ones around if you can find them are the fluted ones, but they have gone up in price, I would buy another if they were cheap enough.

Gregor McLeod at Tain is selling my mates SHR970 Alpine rig. Fluted synthetic, T8 moderator and 8x56 Schmidt. It is in 308 calibre though. Bell him if you are interested. It has not shot a box of bullets as he got shipped out overseas two weeks after buying it. I have his other guns but already have 308 on my ticket so I could not take it.

PM me for more info

So if the 6.5x55 was new (as the man at the shop has told me by email)

Synthetic and with a fluted barrel priced at 795 then it would be worth a look?

How do you find the stock with regard to teh fore end flexing? (i am a bit paranoid!)

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    So if the 6.5x55 was new (as the man at the shop has told me by email)

Synthetic and with a fluted barrel priced at 795 then it would be worth a look?

How do you find the stock with regard to teh fore end flexing? (i am a bit paranoid!)

Dan
    795, seems a bit of a price but the rifles are good, you could haggle im sure.
    As I recall, the stock didnt flex that much, in any case you could fit another QD stud further back on the forend, not too far of course!

I had a shr alpine no flex at all in the stock damn good rifle for the dosh. I bought it after being recomended to me. Oh hi folks just dropped in to see what was hapening!!

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    I had a shr alpine no flex at all in the stock damn good rifle for the dosh. I bought it after being recomended to me. Oh hi folks just dropped in to see what was hapening!!
    Hi Buddy

You must be bored, hope you are getting better. The SHR you had was a cracking rifle right up there Sako etc.

ATB

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Hi Buddy

You must be bored, hope you are getting better. The SHR you had was a cracking rifle right up there Sako etc.

ATB

Tahr
    You should be working laddie!!!!!

john