D day veteran dies

RIP. True heroes. I loved the story at the time, reminded me so much of my late grandads spirit. Also brings back memories of an episode of police interceptor s or something similar. A policeman came accross a veteran trying to get to France for a commemoration event, but his car had broken down. Got to hand it to the policeman he at very short notice secured him a hirecar and the chap got over to France. Sadly, the old chap died whilst out there, but as it stated in the program died amongst friends and it was very fitting that he made it over there.

A policeman came accross a veteran trying to get to France for a commemoration event, but his car had broken down

I remember that one. The old fella was pretty grateful right enough.

I wonder how many of todays youngsters will be as appreciative of our war veterans in years to come? many of the youngsters I know barely realise there's conflict going on, far less have any understanding of it :(

Changed days, indeed

God rest both of there souls.
once a soldier always a soldier and I'm sure if there is a heaven and hell the old and bold will be living it up there big style.

Back