Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Aussie hunters on sd????

How many Aussie hunters on sd????

Hi guys just curious how many Aussie hunters are on the sd, what you mainly hunt,and where and how big is the property/ properties you hunt on?
    Just sitting here on a Friday night sweltering in 35degree heat and 78% humidity,dreaming of going chasing pigs with my 6.5 swede in 16,000 acres on trail bikes out near lightening ridge.
    and looking forward to rut and stalking fallow in tugglo state forest
    worst of all my air conditioner has shat itself!

Wes

Too many of the winging bludgers if you ask me.

Complaining about the heat and humidity- you should come and endure some of our dour misserable weather and then you would have something to winge about. It's that time of the year when the cold and wet combine and get into your bones. I've had one cold after another for the last month. Boy do I wish I was sat there in my blue vest with trickles of sweat running down my back and having to wave the flies off.

And don't mention state forrests either, we either aren't allowed to shoot in ours or we have to pay heavily for the privelidge.

P.S. Nice to hear from the guys down under really Wes. I'm just envious of the heat as I can endure the heat better than the cold.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Yeah the whinging is from our English heratage!
    just out of pure Sh,t stirring you should look up nsw state Forrest
    On a serious note, I do like the heat just not the humidity, and I love the cold....... Just not raining and cold like your more accustomed to! You can keep it!
    And you must visit some time to enjoy the sunburn and relentless "swamp nuts"
    wes.

I did mate for two years as a kid, I was a "new Australian" (10 POM). I still consider myself part Aussie and always support Australia with the rugby regardless of who they are playing. Unfortunately my mother was homesick and forced the old man to bring us back to the U.K. but I shall return one day.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

You say rugby, what about the cricket?
    Did you enjoy the 2 years? Where in oz did you spend your time?

4 years as a sandgroper, then missed the drizzle too much and came back - does that count?
    By the way, you might want to take a spoonful or two of cement powder - NSW doesnt get hot.
    Coober Pedy? yep that does.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

My brother has been in Melbourne for four years now and I've not seen him.
    Hes begging me to come visit even live as he's self employed double glaze installer etc...

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    By the way, you might want to take a spoonful or two of cement powder - NSW doesnt get hot.
    Coober Pedy? yep that does.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	51310That where I go chasing pigs, and it's in N.S.W! I may need a bowl to harden up!

Wee man you should get down here and enjoy the country! Your even got a good reason to get it past Weewoman.

My mistake , I thought this thread was about hunting Australians ............ which is illegal by the way .

AB