QD Mounts on a Brno Model 2

scrumbag

Hello all,

I’ve got quite an old Brno Model-2-EH. I’d like mount the scope in a good QD system so I can also use the iron sites on the range. Has anyone done this before? If so, what do you use?

KR,

Scrummy

I have owned 1947s ( 21 and 22), 602 and CZ 550, but not familiar with the bases on the Model 2. Is it like the 550, with a recoil lug notch? If so, the Warne QD and permanent rings will fit.

I have owned 1947s ( 21 and 22), 602 and CZ 550, but not familiar with the bases on the Model 2. Is it like the 550, with a recoil lug notch? If so, the Warne QD and permanent rings will fit.

Nope, afraid not. It's a .22lr.

KR,

Scrummy

Then it should use the 11mm rail. Warne and Talley made QD rings for that, too, because it is a standard for target rifles, like Anschutz.

Widest point to point across its width. Search web for some photos of 11mm dovetails and rails on air rifles and .22 target rifles, and you will see lots of them, and sights, scope mounts, ringmounts, etc

I think they were 16mm up until the mid to late 1970's. The year of manufacture is on the side of the action, your 2E will be later and 11mm. If you are really dead set on QD mounts, you might consider using an 11mm to weaver type adapter rail or blocks, which will open up a lot more inexpensive options for you.

Last edited:
If it's an old one it will be 14mm across the top of the dovetail, if it is I have a set listed in the classifieds for a CZ527 which is the same size.

Neil. :)

[h=1]UTG Low Profile .22/Airgun to Picatinny/Weaver Rail Adaptor[/h]http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Profile-Airgun-Picatinny-Adaptor/dp/B001CJ67E6/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1C419GKA24332MWFB461

Hawke do a set of bases that clamp on to the dovetail rail and allows you to use quick release picatinny mounts they work ok mate has them on a CZ for his NV and day scope.

Back