anyone in the devon area do any target shooting for fun or friendly competition?

jonylandrover

Hi all,anyone one here do any target shooting for fun or friendly competition that's open to someone else joining them? Or interested in doing so? I have my own range and always enjoy a few hours/day testing and plinking.

James

Hi James, I'm over in North Devon near Barnstaple. Started shooting again last year, joined a local club up here but meets aren't that regular over the winter. I'm a novice but always interested to meet people and shoot. I don't exactly have a range but have a field that has space to shoot at 100yds. PM me if you would like more details or to arrange to meet up.

Justin.

Before you possibly slip up: Your license probably won't allow you to shoot target or fun competition on a casual range. Zeroing, yes.... Go figure...

Hi James, I come from about halfway between Honiton and Exeter, I have just moved to High Wycombe but I come back to Devon quite regularly, once or twice a month, and would really like to have sometone to shoot with whilst zeroing or load testing.

Matt

Hi guy's, obviously this would have to be above board etc open certificates etc. But I think a few like minded people getting together I 1 place for some zero and target practice load development/ testing is no problem as long as certificate is open.
The range I have has a small home made hut with a good sturdy bench and has target for centrefire from 100yds to almost 300yds and for rim fire from 10yds to how fare you dare try.... I do also have a place I can set something up for prone position up to 500yds. As long as everyone has the appropriate certificate I think we could arrange something.

James

Hi James, I wouldn't mind tagging along if you don't mind. Sound like we could have a bit of fun letting a few rounds off? Matt

Before you possibly slip up: Your license probably won't allow you to shoot target or fun competition on a casual range. Zeroing, yes.... Go figure...

So everybody is just zeroing ;) and its Ok as long as you don't smile, laugh or enjoy yourself :cry:. How hard can that be :thumb:.

Yes we must all remember no fun or enjoyment allowed.... or practice with our firearms to make us more confident and competent users.....
I will look into sorting something out with those who are interested. PM me with some dates if interested for sometime in February and we can all try and do something.

Jams

Back