Motorist - police let off

whatever happened to live and let live ! fair enough if it's being driven , but parked up could be some poor sod on his arse or suffering with depression or any one of a thousand things wrong in his/her life, things are tough for a lot of folk at the moment getting their car impounded or worse might be the straw that broke the camels back

Last edited:
Since the abolition of the tax disc i bet there is a growing trade in the niebourhood gestapo calling in like this?

So let's get this right...the police are parentless usually because they just go around doing motorists. Except when it's a motorist you want them to do. Then they're parentless because they don't go around and do this motorist.

There is two sides to every story maybe it's a policemans car, not that I'm in any way suggesting anything.

Righto....

Im suprised they dont nick them. I know a copper well and they have targets to meet. This would be an easy 1! Police take the **** when they want. The last time i needed the police because a old neighbour kicked our door in they nicked me!

Righto (again). Perhaps not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Get on http://www.copbashing.com for like minded individuals folks! You can slag them off for anything, real or imaginary and they have no right of reply. Feel better in an instant. Just the ticket (no pun intended). :D

Police around here have been told to stop vehicles leaving newly built housing developments and prosecute drivers that haven't changed their details on their licence. Big revenue raiser and technically the licence is not valid.
What do you mean when you say "changed their details on their licence" R-D.

Copbashing is a bit far, ive got friends in the force (not Starwars;)) and there brand new but it's like every trade is it not, in mine there's good joiners and not so good, there's fair joiners and alright joiners and there's some joiners that couldn't join there hands in prayer. That's life.

Copbashing is a bit far, ive got friends in the force (not Starwars;)) and there brand new but it's like every trade is it not, in mine there's good joiners and not so good, there's fair joiners and alright joiners and there's some joiners that couldn't join there hands in prayer. That's life.

All meant tongue in cheek, no offence taken I hope. :D

Hubby has old car legally sorned in the drive of his house. Hubby get the heaveho. Leaves in his new car. Wife don't drive. She has mate abandon car off premises. Now police have the chance to find hubby and tell him where his car is. You want him done. It happened to me in a different way. I was in army when my dad dies. The new head keeper who got our house said he would get my banger shifted. I said thanks. A couple of years later the laird got in touch for me to get my car removed from a wood on the estate. I thought it had already gone to the scrapyard.

No SORN declaration and an immediate automated fine
Unless it is parked illegally, causing an obstruction or in a controlled zone no-one will give a toss.

park for 5 mins illegally in Edinburgh and they will tow you at a £180 cost
dump an untaxed car and it will sit for months as they wont get a fine paid!

the DVLA are a corporation as are HM government corporations have to make money and profit they will only act when a profit is to be made
No SORN declaration and an immediate automated fine
Unless it is parked illegally, causing an obstruction or in a controlled zone no-one will give a toss.

park for 5 mins illegally in Edinburgh and they will tow you at a £180 cost
dump an untaxed car and it will sit for months as they wont get a fine paid!

Back