Shortening a 22-250 barrel

Lakies

Hi lads I've got a t3 varmint with a pes mod and its a couple of inches too long for in the landy not a big deal but would be handier if it was a couple inches shorter as mod tends to touch dog guard I was wondering has anybody done it with good results? The rifle shoots perfect so don't want to ruin it, thanks.

Hi lads I've got a t3 varmint with a pes mod and its a couple of inches too long for in the landy not a big deal but would be handier if it was a couple inches shorter as mod tends to touch dog guard I was wondering has anybody done it with good results? The rifle shoots perfect so don't want to ruin it, thanks.

You'd loose less velocity if you got a LWB Landrover instead.

Cheers dalua, I don't pay for the landys mate so unfortunately I can't be picky, or it would be a hilux.

How far does the PES extend over the muzzle? A shorter mod might be the answer, if a longer vehicle isn't an option.

I've had 2" off my 22-250 and another lad I know has had 4" I think, no difference in accuracy in either rifle. Velocity - probably loose a wee bit but doubt the foxes and roe know the difference.

Last edited:
Dalua, the mod only extends the barrel by a couple of inches so shorter than a lot of the smaller mods.

Mick thanks for that mate might do it then will make a lot of difference even having 3 inch off it

Back