Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted, cheaper .223

Wanted, cheaper .223

I have been told my FAC is on its way so I'm starting to gauge what is on offer rifle wise as I'm looking to make a purchase as soon as it comes through the letter box if the right one comes up.

I'm on the lookout for a .223 setup that is either able to be RFD' or around the Cheshire/Cornwall area (the two places I move between with work)

I have around £400 to spend for a rifle and moderator setup, if possible even cheaper if it's in good working condition, aesthetics is not too much of a priority due to it being used for rough shooting only.

Thanks for reading

Dan

without hesitation get a brno fox or cz550, best value gun out there by far in this calibre and price group. the cz (newer) have better single triggers, the fox has the double which is like marmite, and 'can' be a bit dangerous to those not familiar and accustomed to their workings and for example, how to un-set the trigger.

I think a .223 for that money as a setup maybe asking a bit much

you would probably have a better selection if it was .222

But I could be wrong as said maybe a CZ or BRNO

as others said dan i think your looking maybe 500ish for a t3 hunter then poss 100/150 for a mod unless you go for the cz then you could get both for 450/500 you might be lucky and pick a t3 synth lite but then its maybe 700ish just the rifle,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    I think a .223 for that money as a setup maybe asking a bit much

you would probably have a better selection if it was .222

But I could be wrong as said maybe a CZ or BRNO
    Ye I'm only looking for rifle and mod but maybe only rifle if it's asking too much at them prices.

It's gonna be a slower build choosing bits as I go along etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Mills View Post
    Or you could buy mine
    For Sale: Savage Arms Axis 223
    That's not bad but I'm not 100% sold on the axis tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Dan, View Post
    Ye I'm only looking for rifle and mod but maybe only rifle if it's asking too much at them prices.

It's gonna be a slower build choosing bits as I go along etc.
    took me twelve months for my first as i was paying off for a scope at one shop and a rifle at another ,same again now im in your position got two new slots but not enough cash so its batten down the hatches and plod on,i know one thing tho everyone does it,DONT RUSH you will sort it,atb doug,ps you wouldnt go wrong with a good cz,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    took me twelve months for my first as i was paying off for a scope at one shop and a rifle at another ,same again now im in your position got two new slots but not enough cash so its batten down the hatches and plod on,i know one thing tho everyone does it,DONT RUSH you will sort it,atb doug,ps you wouldnt go wrong with a good cz,
    Ye I have a 10/22 and shotguns that will keep my shooting bug at ease whilst I build this package I don't want to rush but at the same time I don't want it to take too long lol