Thread: imperial sizing wax

imperial sizing wax

Hi guys, i am currently using rcbs lube, but am hearing great things about imperial sizing wax, can some of you member tell me some of the advantages in wax over lube?
    Kindest Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Hi guys, i am currently using rcbs lube, but am hearing great things about imperial sizing wax, can some of you member tell me some of the advantages in wax over lube?
    Kindest Regards Neil
    it lasts for bleeding ever!
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Kindest Regards Neil
    It is very good for heavy duty resizing or cartridge case reforming. I only use it for those applications and use Hornady One Shot for every day loading and FL resizing. Much easier on and off.~Muir

How would I apply the imperial wax, it comes in a little tin like shoe polish I think?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    How would I apply the imperial wax, it comes in a little tin like shoe polish I think?
    I tap my finger into the wax and run it around the case. It is a PIA to use if you have a lot of cases. Saturating a cloth, as my friends do, is wasteful. It takes very little. There is nothing magic about the stuff and for normal resizing, as i said earlier, I find it a bit of overkill.~Muir

never builds up in the die to dent cases and lasts ages ,great stuff you wont use lube again.

SD Regular
    I have, or have used, RCBS and RCBS Lube 2, Lyman and the old, and excellent Lyman Ezy Lube grease that came in a metal tube and Imperial Sizing Wax.

I now use nothing else other than the Imperial unless I've put it somewhere and can't find it. It is that good once you try it you won't go back to other lubes.

As Muir's sound advice just use a barenaked finger to apply. Saving cloth or rag only for the wiping off.

However I have not used or tried the new aerosol or spray on lubes so can't compare with them. Nowadays, for my shooting, I load forty rounds at most at a session.

When I used to load a hundred or more at a session was ten plus years ago and using RCBS lube. In one way after sizing you just take all the cases and go and wipe them in front of the TV, or with the family, and a cup of tea. No hardship and a "break" from the gunroom/reloading press.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 11-01-2015 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    I have, or have used, RCBS and RCBS Lube 2, Lyman and the old, and excellent Lyman Ezy Lube grease that came in a metal tube and Imperial Sizing Wax.

I now use nothing else other than the Imperial unless I've put it somewhere and can't find it. It is that good once you try it you won't go back to other lubes.

As Muir's sound advice just use a barenaked finger to apply. Saving cloth or rag only for the wiping off.

However I have not used or tried the new aerosol or spray on lubes so can't compare with them. Nowadays, for my shooting, I load forty rounds at most at a session.

When I used to load a hundred or more at a session was ten plus years ago and using RCBS lube. In one way after sizing you just take all the cases and go and wipe them in front of the TV, or with the family, and a cup of tea. No hardship and a "break" from the gunroom/reloading press.
    \

"New" aerosol spray?!? Gad. I've been using it for a couple of decades! It works well, btw.
    I hated that RCBS Case Honey with a flat passion. I'm glad to be long done with it.~Muir

I use the stuff for long straight cases and it works well.

It was the reason I started to tumble all cases after sizing

M.
    Last edited by MARCBO; 12-01-2015 at 19:56.