ruger 10-22 mods

Tomm

well i got bord today and decided i would strip my 10-22 down. give it a clan. i then decided i would try to make it a little more accurate ready for summer rabbiting. i have done the bolt release and that is all at the moment. i was looking for advise on what else to do to it. at the moment im thinking a new barrel, trigger and stock. also is it worth polishing the bolt and slide in the action? if anyone has a stock they no longer want or anything let me know.

thanks all

well i got bord today and decided i would strip my 10-22 down. give it a clan. i then decided i would try to make it a little more accurate ready for summer rabbiting. i have done the bolt release and that is all at the moment. i was looking for advise on what else to do to it. at the moment im thinking a new barrel, trigger and stock. also is it worth polishing the bolt and slide in the action? if anyone has a stock they no longer want or anything let me know.

thanks all

Have a look on youtube lots of how to vids you can improve the trigger etc by polishing and adjusting the one you have

then there are the wide array of after market tune up bits

these are 2 main UK suppliers etc

Power custom

Ruger 10/22 Parts from Rude Fat Dog

thanks all
Polishing the bolt will make you feel good but it will also cause the bolt to shed lubricant faster. In the end, it will do nothing for accuracy. Worry about that bit of cosmetics last. Trigger first. There are commercial trigger groups out there for the 10/22. I put a Volqartzen in mine. Works well. If that doesn't do wonders for your accuracy, (and you've already had the sense to ditch the barrel band) you can think of a barrel. I like Green Mountain barrels, and switching barrels does not necessarily mean switching stocks. GM makes sporter configuration barrels that shoot every bit as well as their bull barrels. They will be very close to a 'drop it' into the original stock. If those two changes don't get you on target you're doing something wrong behind the trigger.~Muir

Trigger first, the. After market barrel, new stock.

Put more of a curve on the rear base of the bolt will help it cycle more types of subs smoothly.
I have to have an extended may release for my big hands.
Personnly prefer a short barrel and separate moderator than the integral jobs had a few cycling issues with them.

I also like a longer scope rail like the kids picatinny to help with scope eye relieve.

Thanks all. I did have a go at polishing the hammer and sear today to try and lighten the trigger pull, although it is a lot lighter it Is still not as light as I would like it so I think I will go for a new trigger unit this coming week. My thinking with regard to stocks is a hogue? Any comments on the stock? Also Meir you mention volquartzen triggers. Have you any experience with there barrels as I know of a shop with some old stock at a good price. If not I will look at the one you mentioned, thanks

Volquartzer barrels are very good personally I prefer green mountain but would turn a cheap one down for a bulid.

BTW I used a 12.5" one with a SAK

Back