Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sig ssg its arrived

sig ssg its arrived

its here been waiting 4 months now its arrived,looking foreward to getting it warm now and seeing what it can do,im interested to see the accuracy potential as the range card is showing .3moa using 168 grain norma factory loads,i know that this means nothing but it looks impressive.also want to see how good the sl5 ase utra moderator is had a mixed response when i posted a month back on the effectiveness of this mod on a .308.have 70 home loads of 168grain a-max with 44 grains of varget to shoot off,this load was shooting .5 moa in my remmy pss so im intereted to see what it can do Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20150110_141622.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	51322

Quote Originally Posted by Jason308250 View Post
    its here been waiting 4 months now its arrived,looking foreward to getting it warm now and seeing what it can do,im interested to see the accuracy potential as the range card is showing .3moa using 168 grain norma factory loads,i know that this means nothing but it looks impressive.also want to see how good the sl5 ase utra moderator is had a mixed response when i posted a month back on the effectiveness of this mod on a .308.have 70 home loads of 168grain a-max with 44 grains of varget to shoot off,this load was shooting .5 moa in my remmy pss so im intereted to see what it can do Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20150110_141622.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	51322
    Holy Cow! You waited 4 months for the weather to warm up??? It was +23F today and I thought it perfect for range work. Balmy, even.
    Nice looking rig, Amigo.~Muir

Now, don't be saying you disbelieve the .3 inch groups on the test target. If you are not shooting those groups, we will call operator error, at the range or loading bench.

I have a SIG SHR 970, and it is very accurate. Prepare to be pleased.

And Muir, it was +14F this morning in the Sunny South, high of 29. But beautiful sky and no wind. I think tomorrow the 7x64s and T3 7mm-08 might work out.
    Last edited by Southern; 11-01-2015 at 03:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Now, don't be saying you disbelieve the .3 inch groups on the test target. If you are shooting those groups, we will call operator error, at the range or loading bench.

I have a SIG SHR 970, and it is very accurate. Prepare to be pleased.

And Muir, it was +14F this morning in the Sunny South, high of 29. But beautiful sky and no wind. I think tomorrow the 7x64s and T3 7mm-08 might work out.
    We had -24F yesterday. (with a 15 mph wind) Thank God for block heaters. Shoot while the weather's good.~Muir

muir you have missunderstood what i meant in my post,i have waited 4 months for the rifle to arrive and to getting the rifle warm while shooting it not about the weather,your right its a nice rig i cant wait to see what it can do.southern i did not disbelieve the the .3inch group on the test card with factory loads but you can normaly improve with homeloads.i am glad that your sig 970 is a good shooting rifle i hope that mine is as good and i can replicate the test card with my loads.my operator error is very good ha ha ha,thanks guys for the input from one very happy sig ssg owner

I own two SHR 970s, .308 and .280, with an extra .270 barrel. A two friends own .30-06s. They all shoot, out of the box, groups will all bullets touching, with just hunting loads. The handguns and the military riffles my friends and I have are the same solid, precision construction. If you have not gone on to YouTube and watched the SSG 3000s in rapid fire matches in Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, do so.

Southern I'm having a problem finding anything on you tube on the ssg can you please send me a link if you can.i have only found a few reviews on the ssg .thanks

That 18"barrel looks a tad long Jason,is that why you put a coke can on the end and put your best mod on the shelf behind.[next to the cupboard full of varget?]

p.s. check out rover's post 25 06 for charlie
    Last edited by TIFFY264; 13-01-2015 at 22:40.

reloading must be a sweaty job! theres more cans of SURE men than powder

Bolt action rapid fire match, multiple targets at a variety of ranges, prone leg of the match. This is with the STR 200, which is the predecessor of the SSG 3000, very similar.
    200 STR bolt-action target rifles outpace Norwegian army personnel using Scandinavian Bolt-Rifle Speed Shooting — Stangskyting ...