Thread: The RODENATOR!

The RODENATOR!

Have any of you guys out there who "cross over" from the rifles and do a bit of ferreting come across the bit of kit called the Rodenator? For those who dont know it injects a mixture of gas and oxygen into the mole, rat, rabbit burrows and then ignites blowing the lot to kingdom come. Sounds bloody good fun I know but could have repercussions on those of us who do a lot of ferret work.
    Just wondered if anyone has practical experience of the Rodenator and has any views on it. Incidentally in the American "blurb" it advocates blowing up the little critturs! Our beloved Defra says they are illegal for killing animals and burrows should be cleared of occupants first!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good shooting.

Re: The RODENATOR!

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper
    Have any of you guys out there who "cross over" from the rifles and do a bit of ferreting come across the bit of kit called the Rodenator? For those who dont know it injects a mixture of gas and oxygen into the mole, rat, rabbit burrows and then ignites blowing the lot to kingdom come. Sounds bloody good fun I know but could have repercussions on those of us who do a lot of ferret work.
    Just wondered if anyone has practical experience of the Rodenator and has any views on it. Incidentally in the American "blurb" it advocates blowing up the little critturs! Our beloved Defra says they are illegal for killing animals and burrows should be cleared of occupants first!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good shooting.
    I have seen it in action, under the correct rules for the UK, and in my mind it is a complete waste of time, especially on light soil as the gas does seep away into the soil before detonation.

The rules here make it of limited use, you cant kill rabbits with it, just remove their burries.

They are also damned expensive. We wont ever use it on our farm.

Jerry

Not seen that but have heard of people using propane to collapse badger sets ( empty of course) .

JCB is easier if not quite as much fun! Phosgene them first. Rabbits, not badgers that is!

here you go

never tried to post a video link before so sorry if it doesn't work.

i hav mixed veiws on this one
    as i do a little ferreting and a lot of poisoning (sorry i use phostoxin )
    it is bad enough i hav to resort to poisons to control rabbits and moles but explosive compounds
    i suppose each to their own on this, as what works for one works
    please keep us posted on your results
    as i hav a vested interest on what works and wot don,t
    stone