28. You may not vote on this poll
  • did you apply and get knocked back

17 60.71%
  • did you apply and get an interview

11 39.29%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forestry Commision Leases

Forestry Commision Leases

Who on this site went for a commision lease?
    The leases that were available were available to everyone, who apllied for a lease package and who got an interview?

I am curious as there are over 1000 members on this site how many thought that they were able to apply for not only an FC lease but leases from the other Forestry Companies.

How many that stalk are in a syndicate of some description

Griff
    I have some stalking via Tillhill.
    Tried the F.C. several times but always had the feeling that for them it was a paper exercise and what they were offering was already designated to others.
    Alan

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I never applied for a FC lease, I only have L1 but registered for L2. I'm not sure if I would go for FC as there seems to be 90% bad press about them. I did email/phone all the Woodland Management companies that I could find on the internet for available leases. NOTHING!!

TJ

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I have some stalking via Tillhill.
    Only been emailed one lease from them this year, must have had 5-6 from them last year, see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

TJ

I have had a few leases from the forestry commission and they ran like clock work . But the lads on here who say it is who you know are correct. My feeling is that should you hold a lease and want to change then you must give your first lease up .One piece of ground per person to run is the way forward .That would certainly make sure that this was still kept as a special sport for those involved and would put a stop to the chaps who are only in it for money and power. But the only people that you can blame for this situation are the ones who make the rules and they are public servants and can be held responsible for there actions.

Have previously been involved in applying for a couple leases knowing that someone else was already earmarked for it. When that happens I just try and get pally with the other party and offer a helping hand with extraction etc. Many FC leases can be a right pain in the arse with difficult terrain and a quiet offer of assistance now and again to the party taking the lease sometimes comes off. It's all politics and money isn't it?

Account Suspended
    No not for me I have had dealing with the F.C in the past in Dumfrieshire and once bitten is enough for me
    I have further involvment with other Forest Companies and a total different kettle of fish
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 16-03-2010 at 16:45.

hi griff i have tried a few times to get an fc lease without fail, veiwed the ground had all the relevant paper work, level 1&2 first aid, dog, 4x4 the lot. put over the guid price and cannot get a sniff. think with the fc its if your face fits.

Regular Poster
    dito.

hi griff i have tried a few times to get an fc lease without fail, veiwed the ground had all the relevant paper work, level 1&2 first aid, dog, 4x4 the lot. put over the guid price and cannot get a sniff. think with the fc its if your face fits.

barry

I have a lease with the fc and have no problems at all i also have a lease with another forestry company again no issue
    amberdog