Thread: Land Rover Defender 110 project

Land Rover Defender 110 project

To All:
    I am suffering from mid-life crisis and decided to engage in a Land Rover Defender project. I am looking for a 1994-98 300 TDI 110, preferably green, a civilian version, decent engine and limited corrosion. No farm hacks or off-roaders. It would be great to purchase one from a fellow deer stalking, who will know his Landy will be cared for.

I have bought a bunch of books and am doing my research. If you guys knowany Landy enthusiasts or honest mechanics who could help me with my project, I would greatly appreciate it. I am in London but frequent Yorkshire so anywhere in between would be preferable.
    Regards,
    Glenn

Last edited by Sidewinder; 11-01-2015 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    To All:
    I am suffering from mid-life crisis and decided to engage in a Land Rover Defender project. I am looking for a 1994-98 300 TDI 110, preferably green, a civilian version, decent engine and limited corrosion. No farm hacks or off-roaders. It would be great to purchase one from a fellow deer stalking, who will know his Landy will be cared for.

I have bought a bunch of books and am doing my research. If you guys knowany Landy enthusiasts or honest mechanics who could help me with my project, I would greatly appreciate it. I am in London but frequent Yorkshire so anywhere in between would be preferable.
    Regards,
    Glenn

Been there done that several times they keep you busy and cost you plenty good luck
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Just finished a series 3 rebuild, work out how much you think it will cost then double it

Thanks, maybe cheaper to buy a new one, but power windows, fancy interior and all that wiring just seems weird on a vehicle used for stalking. I like the idea that I can get under thee hood and fix it myself.