Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great weekend at wayne and andys

Great weekend at wayne and andys

Just back From a weekends stalking in hereford with wayne davis and his good
    friend andy
    We were also joined by our good friend david ; max from the site
    All kindly arranged by wayne from earlier stalking experiences encountered by us all
    we kicked off the friday with some munty stalking with david taking one and me having
    one coming in from behind us andy spotting in on his side of the highseat but not coming
    on through the mature woodland to play ball
    we retired for the evening to enjoy a fabulous dinner and drinks at waynes
    sat morning saw us trying for fallow on a fantastic piece of ground with breathtaking
    views
    andy being my guide got me onto a calf that that i belly crawled into on the side
    of a steep hill which off the bipod at 250 yds i duly missed
    after returning to the vechile and taking a test zero which the rifle nicely printed
    an inch high at 150 yds I picked andys brains about taking shots at severe angles
    as i have never experinnced before we got into interesting conversation about
    bullet path and reloading etc but was told not to mention this to wayne as the piss
    taking would be endless
    sat evening saw me swap parteners and be sat in a highseat with deer magnet
    himself wayne to try and bag me my first ever fallow
    well the wind was blowing straight at us brass monkeys and and i think it turned into
    a macho contest who was going to crack first and retire to a warmer spot when
    suddenly a group of fallow appeared on the fence line 80 yds to our left disturbed from
    a succesfull shot david had taken from across the valley on a pricket cheers mate
    they started to run to the wood and wayne said if one stops shoot it
    well they duly did so i took the leading doe good strike and off she ran to the wood
    the others spooked and made there way out across the arable field towards the
    horizon one stopped at the back of the pack safe shot before they went out of sight
    shot her . again good strike she ran right handed and out of view .
    we left the high seat and wayne sent his GSP MAX out into the wind for the first
    doe he span round picked up the sent and went towards the wood wayne stopped
    him before sending him over the fence and into the wood he went twenty yards
    and found the doe lying stone dead we went out into the field for the second doe
    and max found her stone dead just short of the fence
    wayne gralloched them both out and we met up with david and andy
    again we retired to waynes for the evening for a cracking meal and hospitality
    the next morning saw david on his way back to norfolk and me on my last stalk
    of the visit on the muntys .
    we stalked on foot wayne hates highseats but what a pleasure to watch wayne
    and max in operation together we saw a couple dart off like lightening into cover
    but not present a shot
    back to the b@b for a lovely breakfast to finish off a cracking weekend
    I would like to thank wayne and andy for there hospitality there great stalking
    david for his company and dry norfolk wit
    I have come away having enjoyed a fantastic weekend learnt a great deal more
    to aid my stalking knowledge and made lifelong friends
    looking forward to having you all down for some sport on somerset bucks
    many regards pete .

Hi Pete

Pleasure was all ours mate, cracking weekend, best sport we've had for ages taking the p*ss out of you two

Next time you boys come you will have to shoot some more, you don't have to miss 'em just to be polite

Thanks for telling me about Andy owning a slope dope, F***in slope dope he's going to suffer for a long time

Looking foward to coming down, see a bit of different country.

Got any good chinese restaurant's down with you????

I've added a couple of photos, shaded David out he's a bit shy (dont want to scare anyone)

wayne one thing i forgot to tell you and andy no ballistic tips and its all high seat work

yes we do have a nice chinese
    i thought it was only polite to miss didnt want to shoot all your deer
    andys never going to forgive me telling you about slope dope but then if you dont
    ask you dont learn
    anyway mate just puts the pressure back on to you if you miss a nice gold medal
    with the old buck fever
    regards pete .

Well done Pete..

Glad you had a great time with the Ninja and co

Hope to see you for the meet up

ATB

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Well done Pete,that was a good weekend mate...........'M'

Terry hi
    looking forward to seeing you and the guys on the meet up it may only be a flying visit back on bloody nights
    so probably gonna pop in on the way through to romsey

martin top weekend with top blokes

Great result pete and a good write up but i bet waynes a bit peeved about the hunt cancelling at the last moment as it cost him another two of his deer
    Well done all
    RICK O SHEA

Great write up Pete,& well done on your first fallow ,well done Wayne & Andy

Andy

Fantastic Pete
    great when it all comes together like that
    nice to see Max (GSP)earning his keep

Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    wayne one thing i forgot to tell you and andy no ballistic tips and its all high seat work

yes we do have a nice chinese
    i thought it was only polite to miss didnt want to shoot all your deer
    andys never going to forgive me telling you about slope dope but then if you dont
    ask you dont learn
    anyway mate just puts the pressure back on to you if you miss a nice gold medal
    with the old buck fever
    regards pete .
    Hi Pete

I hear the old bugger aint coming was it the talk of the Chinese????

Dont worry about Andy and his F***in slopedope thats going to give me sport for at least 12 months

Buck fever me never get the shakes mate, well not after I've taken my pills

Cheers Wayne