Great weekend at wayne and andys

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
Just back From a weekends stalking in hereford with wayne davis and his good
friend andy
We were also joined by our good friend david ; max from the site
All kindly arranged by wayne from earlier stalking experiences encountered by us all
we kicked off the friday with some munty stalking with david taking one and me having
one coming in from behind us andy spotting in on his side of the highseat but not coming
on through the mature woodland to play ball
we retired for the evening to enjoy a fabulous dinner and drinks at waynes
sat morning saw us trying for fallow on a fantastic piece of ground with breathtaking
views
andy being my guide got me onto a calf that that i belly crawled into on the side
of a steep hill which off the bipod at 250 yds i duly missed :oops:
after returning to the vechile and taking a test zero which the rifle nicely printed
an inch high at 150 yds I picked andys brains about taking shots at severe angles
as i have never experinnced before we got into interesting conversation about
bullet path and reloading etc but was told not to mention this to wayne as the ****
taking would be endless :lol::lol:
sat evening saw me swap parteners :eek: and be sat in a highseat with deer magnet
himself wayne to try and bag me my first ever fallow
well the wind was blowing straight at us brass monkeys and and i think it turned into
a macho contest who was going to crack first and retire to a warmer spot when
suddenly a group of fallow appeared on the fence line 80 yds to our left disturbed from
a succesfull shot david had taken from across the valley on a pricket cheers mate:D
they started to run to the wood and wayne said if one stops shoot it
well they duly did so i took the leading doe good strike and off she ran to the wood
the others spooked and made there way out across the arable field towards the
horizon one stopped at the back of the pack safe shot before they went out of sight
shot her . again good strike she ran right handed and out of view .
we left the high seat and wayne sent his GSP MAX out into the wind for the first
doe he span round picked up the sent and went towards the wood wayne stopped
him before sending him over the fence and into the wood he went twenty yards
and found the doe lying stone dead :D we went out into the field for the second doe
and max found her stone dead just short of the fence :D
wayne gralloched them both out and we met up with david and andy
again we retired to waynes for the evening for a cracking meal and hospitality
the next morning saw david on his way back to norfolk and me on my last stalk
of the visit on the muntys .
we stalked on foot wayne hates highseats :) but what a pleasure to watch wayne
and max in operation together we saw a couple dart off like lightening into cover
but not present a shot :(
back to the b@b for a lovely breakfast to finish off a cracking weekend
I would like to thank wayne and andy for there hospitality there great stalking
david for his company and dry norfolk wit :lol:
I have come away having enjoyed a fantastic weekend learnt a great deal more
to aid my stalking knowledge and made lifelong friends
looking forward to having you all down for some sport on somerset bucks
many regards pete .

Hi Pete

Pleasure was all ours mate, cracking weekend, best sport we've had for ages taking the p*ss out of you two:D

Next time you boys come you will have to shoot some more, you don't have to miss 'em just to be polite:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for telling me about Andy owning a slope dope:rolleyes:, F***in slope dope he's going to suffer for a long time;):lol::lol:

Looking foward to coming down, see a bit of different country.

Got any good chinese restaurant's down with you????;):lol::lol:

I've added a couple of photos, shaded David out he's a bit shy (dont want to scare anyone)

DSC00852.jpg

DSC0084911.jpg

wayne one thing i forgot to tell you and andy no ballistic tips and its all high seat work
:(:lol::lol:
yes we do have a nice chinese :D
i thought it was only polite to miss didnt want to shoot all your deer
andys never going to forgive me telling you about slope dope but then if you dont
ask you dont learn :cool:
anyway mate just puts the pressure back on to you if you miss a nice gold medal
with the old buck fever :oops::lol:
regards pete .

Terry hi
looking forward to seeing you and the guys on the meet up it may only be a flying visit back on bloody nights
so probably gonna pop in on the way through to romsey

martin top weekend with top blokes

Great result pete and a good write up but i bet waynes a bit peeved about the hunt cancelling at the last moment :doh: as it cost him another two of his deer :lol:
Well done all
RICK O SHEA

Fantastic Pete
great when it all comes together like that
nice to see Max (GSP)earning his keep

wayne one thing i forgot to tell you and andy no ballistic tips and its all high seat work
:(:lol::lol:
yes we do have a nice chinese :D
i thought it was only polite to miss didnt want to shoot all your deer
andys never going to forgive me telling you about slope dope but then if you dont
ask you dont learn :cool:
anyway mate just puts the pressure back on to you if you miss a nice gold medal
with the old buck fever :oops::lol:
regards pete .

Hi Pete

I hear the old bugger aint coming was it the talk of the Chinese????:lol:

Dont worry about Andy and his F***in slopedope thats going to give me sport for at least 12 months:lol::lol:

Buck fever me :cool::cool: never get the shakes mate, well not after I've taken my pills :eek::lol:

Cheers Wayne

Fantastic Pete
great when it all comes together like that
nice to see Max (GSP)earning his keep

Hi Rich
Wasnt much of a tester for him but it sure makes life easy.
The doe jumped the fence into quite a thick wood, she was out of sight where she went in and it could have been anywhere in a 100 yard stretch.

The dog picked up the trail and to the fence where we found blood on the top strand, I stopped him before he jumped the fence, got to the fence myself covered the barbed wire and let him jump it (always a bit pointless as he clears it by 2ft) She was only 20 yards inside the wood.

As I said we would have found iher easy but the dog certainly saves a lot of searching.

WD

wayne
no the old buggers not coming :cry: dont know if it was the thought of a chinese :lol::lol:
or a five hour drive with a sh;te load of **** taking at the end of it that scared him off :D

on the mention of SLOPE DOPE tell andy im off over a mates where he has a 40 ish
degree hill to do some zeroing :oops::oops:

WAYNE , RICH ,
I think the other thing about having a bloody good dog is the companionship whilst
out stalking and the proudnest when they achieve their goal and also your doing
your best you can when things may go wrong :D:D

ps I hope my grammar is ok with this thread i dont want to get SLAM DUNKED :rolleyes::lol:

Pete, dont worry about your grammar ;) I think you will find he is as dead as the two doe's you had with Wayne.

Good to see Waynes World is going strong :lol::lol: all the best to you all

Sikamalc

hi malc
many thanks for providing such a great site to meet like minded people
i have been lucky enough to meet and stalk with some top guys from here
Also to shoot species that i would not have had a chance to long may
it continue . best regards pete .

Pete,
Glad you enjoyed your weekend with us and it was really good to have you and David on our patch.
Thanks for telling the world about my "slope doper".
You know who your mates are !
Dont worry about Wayne. As long as he keeps taking the pills he's not a bad old b****r.

Back