Thread: newbie

Hi to everyone on this imformative site.
    I live in staffordshire and have been a stalker for 20 + years and also hunt africa whenever i can. I am a member of a syndicate based in Abberdeenshire and have shooting rights to small pieces of land locally.

atb
    paul

Welome to the site Paul. Whereabouts are you in Staffs, I originaly come from Cannock. Now residing in Shropshire.
    John.

Hi John ilive in Uttoxeter.
    I used to have some stalking with a friend on some farmland bordered by Cannock chase.(very productive)

Hi Paul.
    I bet it was very productive, lots of fallow, how did you lose it. Shame.

Hi John
    as is typical someone came in the back door and offered more money without me knowing it. The first i knew was when the farmer told me he had let it to someone else for the following year.

Hi, where in Africa have you hunted?
    Matt

Hi Matt
    I have hunted the eastern cape of South Africa. Shot all the trophy animals that i want now so next time i go it will be vermin and warthogs only.
    Paul

Great! I had my first hunt in S.A. last September on a Buff cow hunt. When I go to Africa again I think it will be Namibia or Botswana, real free roaming Africa if I can afford it! I hear they have opened up Uganda for hunting and there are some terrific Buff up there.
    Matt

How did the Buff hunt go? i would like a buff if i ever win the lotto. It must be one hell of an adrenalin rush hunting one.

Mine certainly was! I posted part 1 of the account on this forum, I think it is still on here. Following up a wounded buff in thick cover for my first hunt was quite something. I certainly got my monies worth. It was a shame the rest of the hunt was a dissapointment, but the buff was the whole reason I went, it had been an ambition of mine since I was a teen.
    Matt